Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio

Shadow Zone (DOOM II)

this looks fantastic!!! a new sky would be swell too, but this looks really great. I love your usage of slopes :D

14 minutes ago, Tango said:

this looks fantastic!!! a new sky would be swell too, but this looks really great. I love your usage of slopes :D

Thank! I did my best :)

This is was really good, Nothing really to complain from me
Visuals are great and gameplay is great. 

There was couple areas that felt a bit tedious and slowed down the flow maybe a bit too much but that is nothing huge.

Overall excellent work 

Here is my gameplay video

Hello , may I ask how you made the celling lights have that fade effect to a specific height?

27 minutes ago, Matias said:

This is was really good, Nothing really to complain from me
Visuals are great and gameplay is great. 

There was couple areas that felt a bit tedious and slowed down the flow maybe a bit too much but that is nothing huge.

Overall excellent work 

Here is my gameplay video

Thank you for the video! I was interested to watch it. When you make levels, a different scenario of walkthrough is imprinted in the brain, and it was interesting to see this from the outside.

14 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Hello , may I ask how you made the celling lights have that fade effect to a specific height?

Hi! This is just a 64x64 px gradient texture. You can see in the editor how this is done.

Looks great! The architecture with the angular buttresses and the trapezoid doors give it a distinct Quake II vibe.

3 minutes ago, Tetzlaff said:

Looks great! The architecture with the angular buttresses and the trapezoid doors give it a distinct Quake II vibe.

Bingo! That is what I was inspired :)

On YouTube, I found a curious video with my maps: a dude passes them with a mod "Brutal Doom". It's a little unusual to see it, but it's fun :) Thanks, man :)

I really liked that. It's neat seeing what can be done with some creative use of the vanilla textures and geometry wizardry. 

Just finished these maps. Good stuff all things considered. Great music choice (everyone loves Quake 2's soundtrack), and it played fast and fun just how I like it. Only bit of criticism I can provide is that a lot of the map layouts feel very square and uniform. A lot of if not all rooms are very square in their general design and are only ever broken up by doorways or straight halls. Overall a fun map set although a bit repetitive in its layout.

22 minutes ago, Count651 said:

Just finished these maps. Good stuff all things considered. Great music choice (everyone loves Quake 2's soundtrack), and it played fast and fun just how I like it. Only bit of criticism I can provide is that a lot of the map layouts feel very square and uniform. A lot of if not all rooms are very square in their general design and are only ever broken up by doorways or straight halls. Overall a fun map set although a bit repetitive in its layout.

In general, it is. But I like the symmetry in the design, that's why I make such levels :)

Nice maps, i don't have much to complain. Visuals and detailing was nice and is was fun to play with good flow. Interesting and nice used of slope and very nice music choice. I feel like you lost bitt of potential when you used light textures for sloped walls butt didn't put some bigger light variantion to them like flicker, glow etc but anyway good job it was fun to play which is important.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:46 AM, TravyB said:

I really liked that. It's neat seeing what can be done with some creative use of the vanilla textures and geometry wizardry. 

To be honest, working with the original textures is pretty hard. They are not "sharpened" under the standard changes in the height of the sectors. Being a perfectionist, it's not easy for me to deal with them. Textures of a floor in general leave much to be desired. They're nothing. In this respect, I really like the textures from Quake. Perfectly thought out and worked out. I think that in the future, I will use custom textures. There are magic numbers for a mappers: 8, 16, 32, 64 ,128. And most of the original textures have problems with that. Look at BTSX - there is absolutely amazing visual component, and most of them because of competently drawn textures.

Edited by Kuleshoff

I think the same, especially the flats. There's just not enough to satisfy my endeavors most of the time, but I do want to work on a speedmapping megawad at some point, using only vanilla textures, just to get more work in on gameplay instead of worrying about this or that looking how I want it to. It can get VERY tiring messing with textures after awhile. 

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Shadow Zone] - Map: #01 - Substation - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100% Secret]

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Shadow Zone] - Map: #02 - Dam - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100% Secret]

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Shadow Zone] - Map: #03 - Outpost - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100% Secret]

6 hours ago, Custom Longplay said:

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Shadow Zone] - Map: #01 - Substation - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100% Secret]

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Shadow Zone] - Map: #02 - Dam - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100% Secret]

Project Brutality 3.0 - Doom 2 - [Shadow Zone] - Map: #03 - Outpost - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ] - [100% Secret]

My first works in mapping. Nostalgia :) Thanks, man!