Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

scary movies

happy halloween everyone. well since this is the day of ghosts and goblins, and since I just saw the ring, I figure I'd get everyones views on scary movies. whats your favorite and, if not your favorite, which one scared you the most.

for me, I'm quite partial to hellraiser 1 & 2. the concept of hell (or heaven, depending on your point of view) being contained inside a tiny puzzle box is awesome IMO. the cenobites kick ass, and uncle frank is just a freak.

the movie that scared me the most was john carpenters the thing. I saw it uncut and thought my brothers stomach was gonna open up and eat me. now I look at it as being a damn cool movie. that was the last movie that ever freaked me out.

well have fun, be evil, and remember the dentists motto: "you can't spell halloween without 'ow' in the middle." :P

The only scary movies I have the nerve to watch are Alien and Aliens.

Everything that involves shock situations, e.g. the camera turns and there's a horribly mutilated corpse right in your face, is a no-no to me - I can't handle them.

I can handle the Alien movies, because there's nothing disgusting about them - they only suggest a lot of things and when the "bad" things do happen it isn't horribly disgusting. That's what makes them cool imo.

It goes without saying that I hate splatter movies.

Goatse: the movie.

Scary as hell.

Scream movies: Completely stupid.
Alien Movies: L33t Ha><0R de1UX0r! (I like them)
Scary Movie: scarier than scream, I'll tell you that :)

well, i had an opinion like this a few years ago:
"the only horror movie i've seen is the shining"
and yes, i've seen most of the above, maybe 'cept scary movie. most king-movies blow. "horrible" monsters don't scare me, unless i get to imagine them, not just see them on the screen going "WAAAAARGH!". and piles of corpses just don't cut it. they're tragic, not horrendous.
well, maybe i should update myself and get a bunch of movies. i haven't watched tv/movies for two years until now.

All scary movies suck IMO. They're all the same, except maybe they added more gore or something. Aliens is a cool movie, but it doesn't seem to be a horror movie to me.

The last film to scare me was 'Stir of Echos' with Kevin Bacon - doesn't the snapping-nail scene go right through you?

Prior to that there were all kinds - 'Event Horizon' being one of the most prominent.
As for 'Hellraiser'... it's more gory in a repulsion/fascination kinda way than it is scary. Exellent nonetheless.

Hmm, I think I remember seeing stirs of echoes because I do remember seeing something where this guy and his wife were having sex and then the guy was having flashbacks or something and seeing his nails snap off. If it was the same movie, well... I don't know what to think of it, really.

happy Hallowe'en Vileslay, and everyone else too.
My favourite scary movie would be...The Raven or The Black Cat by Edgar Allen Poe. I love that guy's books so obviously I watched the movie adaptions aswell. The Black Cat scared me the most cuz when I watched it I was about 8years old. My least favourite scary movies would be the frankenstein flicks, never was a fan. I am also a big fan of Clive Barker, I own 4 out of 6 hellraiser films and also NightBreed, also just read Cabal aswell.

Pink Floyd's The Wall scared the piss outa me the first time I saw it. Then again, I was five years old...

I don't think the 'Aliens' movies are scary, but nothing freaks me out like David Lynch movies.

I don't think they are scary now either, but then again, I haven't seen a scary movie in years... maybe I just don't get scared. I did see Alien when I was a kid though, and I slept with nightmares for at least one night afterwards. The movie still bears an awesome aura when I sit in the dark to see it, though, which is a kind of vague terror, in its way.

Shaviro said:

I don't think the 'Aliens' movies are scary, but nothing freaks me out like David Lynch movies.

Indeed; i'm still trying to fathom 'The Lost Highway' - although many of the scenes in that particular film were indeed chilling.

I'm a huge fan of the first and second Alien movies. I had to watch Evil Dead in ten minute chunks (although I was 11 at the time).

I saw The Shining last night, and I'm not sure if I'd call that horror or not. It was definitely some kind of psycho, but I don't know about horror. The little girls freaked the hell out of me.

I've never seen Hellraiser. Just didn't really care to.

I love It and The Thing. Two really top-notch scary movies. Of course, the end-all-be-all of scary movies has to be Event Horizon, the movie of which my roommate said, "That's it. I'm never sinning again."

DC

From Hell

scary and bloody. I couldn't even watch some of the scenes in that movie, too damn graphic!

Shining is really cool, but one thing still mystifies me: What is that thing sucking that guy off, and why the hell is it there? This has got to be one of the wierdest things i've ever seen in any movie.

Movies like "Tremors" and any Zombie movie are always funny. The people die because they're retards. My bet is that if any member of Doomworld was pitted against a hoarde of zombies, they wouldn't die...

...this inspired me. I'm gonna make a thread on zombies!

To be perfectly honest I've never liked horror movies, of any kind. I'm more of an action or comedy or action/comedy sort of movie person.

The Thing was more of an eerie feeling movie IMO.

Event Horizon (I hope that the apparently planned SE DVD with nearly half an hour's footage that was cut from the original film does come out)

Had a lot of fun last night, it was SLACHTNACHT (slaughter night) on Dutch TV... and Halloween isn't even celebrated (much) here!

The scariest movie I ever saw must be the Sound of Music. Man, do those Von Traps give me sleepless nights! I'm never visiting my grandma again! ;-)

On a more serious note: I don't really watch much scary movies. I think Itchy & Scratchy is about the bloodiest thing I do like to watch (no joke)!