Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunrock

Renaming textures using Slade 3 will not change in GZDoom Builder editor?

Hey guys!

While in the middle of mapping I decided to rename all of my custom textures starting with RTEX01 all the way to RTEX100 using Slade 3. However when I go into GZDoom Builder to continue mapping, all of the textures still show the old names and everything shows a white explanation mark everywhere? Why isn't GZDoom Builder recognizing this?

Thanks

pic.jpg

It means it's trying to find textures that no longer exist, you have to also change them manually using Find & Replace to find old texture names and replace them with their new equivalents. Also change them in TEXTURES lump if you have that. It's going to take a lot of time if you have a lot of textures.

1 hour ago, tempdecal.wad said:

It means it's trying to find textures that no longer exist, you have to also change them manually using Find & Replace to find old texture names and replace them with their new equivalents. Also change them in TEXTURES lump if you have that. It's going to take a lot of time if you have a lot of textures.

Awww man...I was afraid of that..

Thanks you!

At least in GZDoom Builder (not sure about Doom Builder or 2) you can do a find and replace. I've done it many times because I was using names that makes it hard to find specific textures. Use Find and Replace Mode (under modes). You have to know what the olde texture names are replaced with what new texture names. If you renamed for example, dork7 to metal 7 then you just search for dork7 and then put in metal 7 and it'll replace them all in one go.