Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Widow Maker

Deathmatch kill bonanza (tm)

Presumably the large proportion of you play multiplayer. I myself have a 3 PC network in my house, and play doom legacy against my 2 brothers to the point where my skills are honed. I was wondering what the most impressive kill you have ever done was. I wish I had demoed these, my top three are:

3-running THROUGH a rocket down a corridor towards my opponent, ignoring the pain as it stripped all my health and armour, seeing through the red just enough to dodge another two and finally carving the bastard in two with my chainsaw, still throbing from the beginning of my mad charge. (being on about 5 health I was killed shortly afterwards, lol)

2-weaving in and out of plasma streams from two allied opponents, I shot only two rockets, dispatching them both in a single hit while recieving no damage whatsoever. :D

1- (the daddy). Getting hit in the face with a BFG orb, hearing one player die screaming behind me as miraculously I remain alive, megasphere bonus now totally redundant and on about 5-10 health I looked on the face of the enemy, who stood motionless in shock from what he had seen, and threw the fucker 30 feet with a DBS as I fired inches from his chest.

ok, not much skill in there but certainly the most interesting kills I have ever made!

I have no particular memory of cool kills (for that reason I keep recorded demo lumps of most of my deathmatch games), but I like the occasional frag out of the air (someone jumps off a ledge, you either follow or stand below, fragging him before he hits the ground).

I also liked a completely unintentional frag, when I was using the plasmagun in Doom Legacy to spraypaint a building :P someone ran in the blast and died, just when I was trying to get LOL on a wall ;-)

It's funny when you kill yourself with your BFG cone, having just been killed and respawning immediately, only to be killed by the blast from your ex-self.

myk said:

It's funny when you kill yourself with your BFG cone, having just been killed and respawning immediately, only to be killed by the blast from your ex-self.

i've only had that happen to me once. it's really funny, though.

scorpion said:

I have no particular memory of cool kills (for that reason I keep recorded demo lumps of most of my deathmatch games), but I like the occasional frag out of the air (someone jumps off a ledge, you either follow or stand below, fragging him before he hits the ground).

I also liked a completely unintentional frag, when I was using the plasmagun in Doom Legacy to spraypaint a building :P someone ran in the blast and died, just when I was trying to get LOL on a wall ;-)

Heh, I think I remember that fight, :). And I think i was the target, I can't remember...

myk said:

I have tried that like 2times... heh

(at least one of them was versus Anders Johnsen, heh)

- killing yourself with your own bfg/rocket
- rocket blows you like 10 miles away/turns you into gut
- with ssg to frag 3 guys all at once
- crazy chaingun killing sprees
- punching with berserk

...Well, This was link up PSX doom but I got 5 kills agent this guy when I only had %1 health (after a near rocket miss), and a pistol, which soon became a berserker fist. It took him a BFG blast to stop me. Those were the days... :)

deathz0r said:

done without beserk.

yeah, but punching them into guts the result would be more glory.

Ever tried using berserk to punch a barrel at some unsuspecting victim, and have it explode in his face as he walk around a corner?

I've done it in single player, of course, but getting the opportunity in deathmatch isn't easy.

Maybe also a patch that makes barrels respawn, and playing it on -altdeath mode so that the packs return as well.

Hmm, or a patch that makes the berserk packs stay like the weapons.

Heh, cool, I hope someone does make such a map and patch.

By the way Torn, if I come into IRC saying I want to die again, just ignore me - I'm just looking for attention ( o_0 @ me ). I was pissed last night and felt like taking an overdose, but I chickened out :D

running around in one of the smaller dwango5 maps, just happenning to come across your opponent as he spawns in and giving him a ssg or plasma blast to the face. this happened about five times a couple of nights ago.

the other night in the, same map, me and two other guys were dead-even, going frag for frag, till we hit 25 frags each. then I kept getting caught in there crossfire, bumping them both up to 37 while I stayed in the 20's.

myk said:

Maybe also a patch that makes barrels respawn, and playing it on -altdeath mode so that the packs return as well.

Hmm, or a patch that makes the berserk packs stay like the weapons.

try playpen6.wad by biffy. he has respawning barrels and some good scripted effects, like the sky raining a crap load of armor bonuses. you can get it off of rarefiles.tripod.com.

Heh, I've punched barrels at people. At least one time a friend specifically agreed to fist fight, I went and did that.

While having a fist fight in cybrdth2.wad I opened the door to the room before the exit and stood in front of it. When my friend charged at me to punch me and I stepped out of way resulting in him running into the room and getting crushed by the crushing ceiling pillars.

Long distance shotgun or chaingun sniping from a distance where they can't even hear you fire and you appear as just a few blinking pixels to each other in 320x200 res is always fun, whether in a vanilla deathmatch or with mlook on+autoaim off.

Joining a five(?) player map32 deathmatch in progress on either csDoom or Zdaemon and doing nothing but berserk punching people to death enough to jump up to second place. At some point I had a streak of I think eight kills in row before being killed and I was taking out people armed with BFG's and stuff.

I once chainsawed a berserking friend to death. I kept dodging his punches and sawing him in the sides until he was hamburger.

Dodging countless rockets and taking my friend with a pistol in stargate.wad.

Doing the same thing in map16 except dodging plasma instead and only taking one or two hits if any.

BFGing yourself? I never even thought of that. That's hilarious.