Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S|aVe.3rN.

So its true ? :\

Listen we are all goin to buy this game even if we were to get the beta,alpha or whatever.You know this and so does ID,,,cause if you do find and and dload it it is only a alpha and you are goin to want more levels and better games play cause one would think the alpha is not too optimized.
so my opinion is in the middle if you find it have fun ..if you dont then you dont

who cares

I don't want to get my hands around the beta/alpha because it'll spoil some of the fun of playing the full game for the first time.

I've clarified the stickied post about this whole mess, plus I can tell you that some people are plenty pissed off that something got leaked. I am 100% sure it was not any sort of "intentional" leak.

Linguica said:

I've clarified the stickied post about this whole mess, plus I can tell you that some people are plenty pissed off that something got leaked. I am 100% sure it was not any sort of "intentional" leak.

did you get emails?
ah... guess you did.

Hey Ling,

It would be cool to see those emails you recieved. I think the doom community, myself included, would really appreciate it. Direct from the masterminds, the fathers of doom. Give them a voice! :D

quote:

dsm said: I don't want to get my hands around the beta/alpha because it'll spoil the fun of playing the full game for the fisrt time.

so would a demo/tech demo press realease.:)

ShapeShifter said:

quote:

dsm said: I don't want to get my hands around the beta/alpha because it'll spoil the fun of playing the full game for the fisrt time.

so would a demo/tech demo press realease.:)

Yeah, that's why I'm praying that the idders will release that demo AFTER the full game is out.
And if they do release a demo before the game is out, I just hope that the requirements will be too high for me to play it so that I don't get tempted to d/l it.

dsm said:

I don't want to get my hands around the beta/alpha because it'll spoil some of the fun of playing the full game for the first time.

exactly, i wouldn't play the leak if it was handed to me. i would never go against the wishes of my lord and masters at id software. besides the leak isn't even close to finished and all buggy and crap.

Well, this thread appears to be giant flame so I'm going to not read the rest of it, rather just ask my question; How did it get leaked (if anyone knows)?

I'll bet it was an activision guy... but that's just a guess.

dsm said:

Actually, I've seen the screenshots of this beta/alpha, and they pretty much sum up what some of us have already seen in that leaked video and in the legal screenshots. Nothing really new. I don't think it would spoil that much at all. I could be wrong though, because I haven't played the beta/alpha.

Disorder said:

Actually, I've seen the screenshots of this beta/alpha, and they pretty much sum up what some of us have already seen in that leaked video and in the legal screenshots. Nothing really new. I don't think it would spoil that much at all. I could be wrong though, because I haven't played the beta/alpha.

Well, the leaked vid was a lousy quality - this alpha will likely be a far better experience than watching the leaked vid because you get it on your own screen so to say.

I'll just wait until Doom 3 is released - I have so many other things to do, that I don't really need to be impatient about Doom 3.

What's the version? Alpha 0.02? Think about the differences between the press (late) alphas of the original Doom and the first shareware release. There's no guarentee that this is even a representation of what'll be in Doom 3 1.00.

IMJack said:

What's the version? Alpha 0.02? Think about the differences between the press (late) alphas of the original Doom and the first shareware release. There's no guarentee that this is even a representation of what'll be in Doom 3 1.00.

I can probably garuntee that.

About all you'll probably see from this leak in a real demo will be the enemies and probably a few textures. Levels will be either totally different or largely re-done... and gameplay will probably be completly different, too.

Fredrik said:

FYI, yesterday Bigbadgangsta was the one who was the most anxious to get hold of the alpha/shots :)

Allow me a heh

HEH! i dont blame BigBadGangsta i want the alpha too ..

c'mon, everyone of u wants the alpha, its really unfortunate but admit it, i bet some of u go to sleep thinking bout where to download it from or what u will do when u get it...
there are soem bugs in this beta version but not half as much as they are in quake2...trust me.

The link to the site is... youwishyousonofabitch.com
heheheh kidding....

doomedout said:

c'mon, everyone of u wants the alpha, its really unfortunate but admit it, i bet some of u go to sleep thinking bout where to download it from or what u will do when u get it...
there are soem bugs in this beta version but not half as much as they are in quake2...trust me.

heheheh kidding....

LAME POST

I wonder if this leaked version was taken from E3/Quakecon?

This reminds me of when 3DRealms went to show off DNF at E3 1998 if I remember correctly. George Broussard took the HD which had DNF from the hotel every day from the laptop and then reinstalled it when they got back, or something like that. Result = no leak.

dsm said:

True. This is the same with the leaked Metroid Fusion ROM, I still got it, but I don;t wanna play it yet for the same reason.

Livo said:

I wonder if this leaked version was taken from E3/Quakecon?

Apparentely it is.

I think a more likely candidate would be the Activision "Activate" event where the Doom 3 demo was shown as well.

Linguica said:

I think a more likely candidate would be the Activision "Activate" event where the Doom 3 demo was shown as well.

Odd, I didn't hear of that.

But I think E3 was most likely, especially since the level names are e3_1, e3_2 and e3_3.

doomedout said:

heheheh kidding....

No, I don't want no crappy alpha with a shitload of bugs and inferior graphics (inferior to what the graphics CAN be set to in the actual game) - I want the GAME itself and only when it's done and with an absolute minimum of bugs.

And I can wait until 2005 for that if necessary - I have enough cool games on my hard drive, enough real life work, enough hobbies and enough imagination to keep me occupied until the game's released.

I would strongly suggest the hardcore doom fan NOT TO GET THE ALPHA version...
again i reiterate do not get it,
it has some potential spoilers
and if u seen the 11 minute video, there is not much new to this alpha version, in fact i think its almost as if it was leaked in july instead of now, but anyhow, DO NOT GET IT...
but i can assure u of one thing, the lack of use key adds to the game...so all u ppl worried bout no use key should be relieved to hear that it plays awesome, there is a nice flow to it, almost like a movie...heheheheh