Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You want an RTC3057 demo? Heh... these will have to do until one actually comes out. I was thinking about RTC3057 and its source-projects, and I remembered that demos of both were released. So, thanks to doomsearch...

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/trtccdemo.zip
ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/doom3057.zip

Not that either of these has anything to do with RTC3057, except name-association. Heh, these were made for ZDoom 1.22... how quaint. :P

Heh, here's your chance to get Shaviro to release the RTC-3057 demo - if you show him that you want the demo released, you might encourage him to work harder on releasing the demo :-P

Well, I think I'll express some curiosity then:

Will there still be an Erticiel character?
Will Admiral Maonth give Erticiel his orders?
Is the storyline going to involve the whole RTC vs UAC thing?
Will a more TASTEFUL, NON-FLASHING implementation of HUD messages be used? :P
Will Shaviro answer these questions, or let a DEMO do the talking?

Ultraviolet said:

Well, I think I'll express some curiosity then:

Will there still be an Erticiel character?
Will Admiral Maonth give Erticiel his orders?
Is the storyline going to involve the whole RTC vs UAC thing?
Will a more TASTEFUL, NON-FLASHING implementation of HUD messages be used? :P
Will Shaviro answer these questions, or let a DEMO do the talking?

What are YOU talking about? O_O
What do you mean by "an Erticiel" character?

DSM: As seen in the old RTC demo. I guess what I'm really wondering is if any of the "plotline" stuff survived the merging of the two projects.

Ultraviolet said:

DSM: As seen in the old RTC demo. I guess what I'm really wondering is if any of the "plotline" stuff survived the merging of the two projects.

Well, if you d/l SgtCrispy's Doom Radio Episode 2, there's some info on Rtc-3057 - some story info is given too.
Yeah, I guess a few story elements have survived, although they have been largely altered. Rtc-3057 didn't really have much of a story to it before I joined the team.

Shaviro: Permission to post a synopsis of the story here (not giving away any more than what I gave away for the Doom radio thingy)?

dsm said:

Shaviro: Permission to post a synopsis of the story here (not giving away any more than what I gave away for the Doom radio thingy)?

Go ahead, fishman :)

*Blorp, blorp, blorp* (Sound of fish talking) ;-)

RTC-3057 story basics:

Mankind has evacuated Earth leaving their home full of demonic hordes. (Post Doom 2, forget all about Final Doom)

You wake up for the first time on board what appears to be a star ship, not knowing who you originally were. All you are aware of now is that you are a newly developed battle cyborg prototype, designed specifically to hunt demons. (Seems like them humans want their planet back!)

Surprised you notice that the ship is shaking and you hear inhuman screams reverbarating throughout the ship. Occasionally the tormented sounds of a human screaming in bloodcurling agony reaches your bio-mechanical ears. What is going on here?

Demons is what's going on here! Where did they come from?

No idea!

Only one thing is clear: They are definitely not invited and you know that it is your job to "politely" show them the way out, so get that shotgun in the closet and introduce those demon fucktards to a couple of pellets!

That's the beginning of the story, but Rtc-3057 is made so that the story line will develop as you fight your way through the game, because of course there is a reason to why the fiendface buggers gatecrash the party on that ship.

Livo said:

Question- will RTC 3057 have new weapon models and sounds?

It'll have new sounds for sure.

Shaviro said:

Funny...Nobody's asked about the music.

Music belongs under the category "Sounds" :-P

/me imagines the generic Doom pistol model making a hi-tech "BLAM!" sound.

Doesn't quite seem to fit the theme...

Livo said:

/me imagines the generic Doom pistol model making a hi-tech "BLAM!" sound.

Doesn't quite seem to fit the theme...

uhmm. We're not changing any sounds.

Shaviro said:

uhmm. We're not changing any sounds.

But we're adding sounds to the existing Doom sounds :-]

dsm said:

But we're adding sounds to the existing Doom sounds :-]

AND we're adding music! Rejoice! :)

dsm said:
*Blorp, blorp, blorp* (Sound of fish talking) ;-)

RTC-3057 story basics:

Mankind has evacuated Earth leaving their home full of demonic hordes. (Post Doom 2, forget all about Final Doom)

You wake up for the first time on board what appears to be a star ship, not knowing who you originally were. All you are aware of now is that you are a newly developed battle cyborg prototype, designed specifically to hunt demons. (Seems like them humans want their planet back!)

Surprised you notice that the ship is shaking and you hear inhuman screams reverbarating throughout the ship. Occasionally the tormented sounds of a human screaming in bloodcurling agony reaches your bio-mechanical ears. What is going on here?

Demons is what's going on here! Where did they come from?

No idea!

Only one thing is clear: They are definitely not invited and you know that it is your job to "politely" show them the way out, so get that shotgun in the closet and introduce those demon fucktards to a couple of pellets!

That's the beginning of the story, but Rtc-3057 is made so that the story line will develop as you fight your way through the game, because of course there is a reason to why the fiendface buggers gatecrash the party on that ship.

Hmmm... System Shock 2 (well, the start at least)?

Don't know the story for System Shock 2. Does it involve demons that have "thrown the humans off" their own planet and now the humans are building an army of cybronic high-tech battle machines (of which you're the first one) designed to wipe out those demons?

Take this:

Now cut out a few select bits:

You wake up for the first time on board what appears to be a star ship, not knowing who you originally were. All you are aware of now is that you are a cyborg.

Surprised you notice that the ship is shaking. What is going on here?

And you have the start of System Shock 2.

NiGHTMARE said:

And you have the start of System Shock 2.

Has dsm played System Shock 2? No
Have I played System Shock 2? No

Answer: No, that is not a System Shock 2 ripoff.