Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ixfd64

Happy Halloween everyone!!

heh. i only had one kid come to my door about halloween. i put up a sign saying "no asking for treats" afterwards.

I went to a dingy little hole-in-the-wall bar and saw a couple local punk bands. Met some folks, had some fun, heard some semi-intelligible "music"... all in all, a good way to spend a Halloween evening. :) Only downside is I smell like other people's cigarettes and there's no way in hell I'll be up early enough tomorrow to catch morning Mass.

What did I do for Halloween...? Hm... I was working at first... Then I don't remember much after that... Well, it did involve alcohol, THAT's for sure ;-) I should stop drinking so much on Halloween (as if it's even celebrated where I come from ;) !

I also remember more than 3 hours of continuous coop with... somebody...

[note to self]STOP DRINKING!![/note] .:hehe:.

I was working my ass off on halloween - damn school work.

And on top of that, some asshole managed to leak that D3 beta and some screenies so that I also had lots to do in the D3 forum, ensuring that NOBODY put up links to the shit.

fodders said:

Spent most of Hallowe'en answering the door, giving kids money.

"Go buy your own tricks and treats", something like that ? ;)

Thankfully, I only had to answer the door once. When I did, and got a yell of Trick or treat, I just said: "Sorry Wrong country, no candy here. Bye" Heh, Why do some aussies celebrate Halloween, It's not a custom of ours. Ah well.

There's no halloween in my county either, but someone's trying to bring it here too to make money with all the halloween stuff :(

I really hope they never succeed.

LorD BaZTArD said:

Thankfully, I only had to answer the door once. When I did, and got a yell of Trick or treat, I just said: "Sorry Wrong country, no candy here. Bye" Heh, Why do some aussies celebrate Halloween, It's not a custom of ours. Ah well.

It wasn't a custom of ours either, until some holiday freak decided to implement it among our traditions three years ago.
Now I risk getting overrun by kids - JUST what I need, pah!

Damn, that's gotta suck DSM, Ugly kids in ugly costumes in order to get candy. I don't see what's so good about it. I guess it depends on the person really, I hate midgets (what I call people under 10) and days that group a whole lot of the things near me = bad day. Midgets seem to view me as a moving amusement park, and head towards me like metal to a magnet :|.

dsm said:

It wasn't a custom of ours either, until some holiday freak decided to implement it among our traditions three years ago.
Now I risk getting overrun by kids - JUST what I need, pah!

The evil of BR legetøj! (A toy store chain).

"You kids get the FUCK off my porch, and I don't wanna see your sugar-crazed asses up here again!!!!!"

This might cheer you up. My brother make a total of 27 trick or treaters drop their candy and run in terror screaming. When I saw him, i could totally understand.

The way he was dressed made him look like a serial killer from a movie. A long black trenchcoat, a blue and gold luchidor mask, metal hook, axe handle, and a bowler on top of his head.

Looked like a mix of Scream, Candyman, and Killer Klowns from outer space.

my mom prepared a basket of candies already, it got some trix's, reese bars, and corn candies; my little sister was responsible for giving out the candies to other kids. Afterwards, all the trix's and reese bars are gone now i've got a fully whole jar of corn candies left, grr...grosssss

scorpion said:

"Go buy your own tricks and treats", something like that ? ;)

In England you usually give money, as giving sweets is often frowned upon, (perverts could do anything to the sweets I suppose), so they knock and you give them change, not much, around $0.75, but trust me it adds up over a few nights (yeh the little buggers start knocking abouts 3 days afore Hallowe'en :P) Day after Hallowe'en, it's "Penny for the Guy?" so that is exactly the same up to 5th Nov :)

Jesus, Michael Myers is back... again.
Halloween Resurection... Looks like crap.

Heh, it was fun I guess, I burned a halloween CD wih doom64 tunes and DEATH METAL (YAY), that pretty much scared the kids away, i only had 3 brave little dudes/dudettes who came up to me to actually get the candy, while the rest got their moms or dads to go get it.

:P

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

Heh, it was fun I guess, I burned a halloween CD wih doom64 tunes and DEATH METAL (YAY), that pretty much scared the kids away, i only had 3 brave little dudes/dudettes who came up to me to actually get the candy, while the rest got their moms or dads to go get it.

:P

was it the music? or did they fear they may run into you?