Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Mayhem17: The Lost Levels

On 10/8/2019 at 12:36 AM, Marcaek said:

Posting this here. Information coming tomorrow...

Information got lost in a level...

Forli: what a warmup. I appreciate you going for the lotuses right off the bat and they are laid out perfectly, delighted to see them work so well. That arena setup is brutal. The ending segment is a real out of left field thing, not that there's anything wrong with that but I'd actually kind of rather see it seperated out and expanded on in another map or something.

Issues! The above ending section is deafening and that's partially due to the replacement moving floor sound but even without that it would be loud. Idk if there's a way for you to make them quieter or not, perhaps some sector merge trickery.

Are these bars supposed to be individual or merged? Because they open individually now.

doom16.png.cae59992f6b49506b784177a7bc25bcd.png

This cyber can't get you here which isn't a big deal but I feel like you intended for him to be able.

doom15.png.46982acbad0161cfab453580e05c6f1c.png

This imp warp-in was kind of sluggish, maybe doublecheck it to see if you can make it a little more reliable.

doom14.png.7b6c213845e544a0bf2a85b4928a681d.png

I had a lot of fun with this one. I didn't max it this time but I'll give it another play sometime. I fell for the mushroom the first time btw oof

Ah good to see this on the forum. Hopefully it will gain some momentum now that it’s out there. Sorry for not getting a map together, definitely got distracted by other projects and life in general. Looking forward to seeing what people come up with with the resources anyway :)

I've been struggling to figure out exactly what to do with this project. Nothing I go with seems to feel right so I've decided on this: I have a few maps I sketched out myself months ago. I'm considering the release date to be when I finish those. Everyone else is on their own recognzance regarding progress. I'm still available for requests regarding the resource.

I was going to delete the discord group but I think I'll just keep it and open it to anyone. Link coming over the next day or so. Sorry if anyone feels a bit jerked around by all this

EDIT discord link https://discord.gg/MMbD5kj

Edited by Marcaek

Since the Lost Levels project is DOA, I decided to finalize and uploade the organized resource with the new assets to idgames. Included is the single finished map created by Forli, which serves as a nice demo of some of the new assets and is generally just a rad level. There's a good chance I'll use this stuff for a mapset of my own, but in the meantime feel free to use it for your own maps.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/combos/m17tll_res