Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

What's the most creepy Doom WADs you've ever encountered?

Which Doom is best?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Doom is best? (PC)

• Doom (original)
    • Doom II
    • Doom 3
    • Doom 2016
    • Other

WADs are everywhere online nowadays and you can easily download them and apply them.

However one thing that has always caught my attention are the mysterious, creepy and downright scary Doom WADS.

So whats the most creepiest Doom WAD you've ever played/seen?

The topic title and the question are different. I saw the title then voted Doom 3. But Doom 3 is not the best Doom game!

Doom2 is my favorite so I picked it, but as far as the thread title goes, I'd say Doom2 is pretty much the only Doom game that never creeped me out, even for a moment. Doom1 scared me at certain points, Doom3 scared me at certain points, Doom4 had parts where I was like "damn, that woulda scared me if I was young" but Doom2 just felt like a big, fun, dumb oaf with it's Taco Bell music on map02 and generally zaney nature. Fantastic game, not scary or creepy in the slightest.

@ReeseJamPiece

Do you mean what is the most creepy Doom WAD (iwad or pwad) that you have encounted? The poll makes it seem as though you're only asking about iwads, which I assume to not be the case. You can edit the title if you want to, in order to make your question more clear. By the way, nice polar bear.

Maskim Xul and HacX, which is a total conversion

edit: if individual maps, also Hell Ground map 04 solely for the music, I had to mute the game and think of flowers and cute puppies to palliate my anxiety; Jenesis map 30, I mean, the fuck is that thing... and perhaps Comatose, the day I fully commit to it dunno when but having to deal with spectral enemies already gets me weird; Going Down even gets into that psychological horror-nightmare mindset nearing the end; anyways, the first two win the lottery.

Edited by galileo31dos01

Rootpain.

Rootpain will forever be an interesting abomination, the creepy part of Rootpain is not the content or gameplay (as ridiculous as it is) but is the fact that Rootpain as a wad exists and for what purpose.

You are in a womb fighting an unborn foetus with a bazillion fucking health (to the point where you have to bind the mdk command to the mouse wheel because Russian Overkill won't even kill it) all to, at the end, have flavour text about aborting the author.

There's too much effort for it to be a joke, too odd a subject matter to be serious, so what is it?

32 Inch Nails is creepy and has unnerving music. The slaughtermap is out of place though. I also think Doom: The Lost Episode is pretty spooky, Carroll St. Station being the best map in it, as for a little bit there's next to no monsters, until you reach a certain chamber, then the entire level comes alive to kill you wherever you turn.

4 hours ago, Pegleg said:

@ReeseJamPiece

Do you mean what is the most creepy Doom WAD (iwad or pwad) that you have encounted? The poll makes it seem as though you're only asking about iwads, which I assume to not be the case. You can edit the title if you want to, in order to make your question more clear. By the way, nice polar bear.

I'm specifically talking about iwads and pwads, I don't know why but I just really like them and find them cool for some reason.

Also thanks for the compliment. :)

I remember being scared by that map in Doom episode 1 where the lights go out - map 3? Sometimes a certain combination of events will get a jump out of me but that is surprising rather than scary. I just do not find classic Doom scary really at all. Doomguy is just too powerful to really put me in the mindset of being scared or intimidated.

Doom 3 on the other hand I find deeply unnerving in many places.

Unloved for me by far...i revisit it around Halloween every year :)

I really wish the second Unloved was finished :(

Original Games
Doom 64
Doom 3

Doom PSX

Pwads
Ghouls Forest series (especially 3)
Lasting Light
Unloved 
1993.wad
7869.wad (some adult content)

Dismantled (still in alpha stage last I checked)
Aliens TC

AtmosFear

Splatterhouse 3D

The Ultimate Torment & Torture
Spacedie.wad

Asylum of the Wretched

adessa.wad

TheTheatreV6.wad

lilith.pk3

unmarked.wad

RedheadmetalC's wads
Buu342's Screamer wads --->

These are just a few out there.  Some of these have screamers/popups so fair warning.

Edited by STILES

dead.air for the monster resprites. Those cacos, man. Those cacos.