Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icecoldduke

Doom Eternal Delayed(March 2020)

FF7R and DE are completely different games for different audiences, so i don't really see that much of a correlation.

DE seems to also be on more platforms, including the Stadia.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion was supposed to release on November 22 2005 (same day as Eternal).  Funnily enough it too was delayed to March 20 2006. 

Both published by Bethesda.

Hmmmmm

Its disappointing for sure, but it will come out an even better game in the end. 

That will make it even more worth the wait I think.

7 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Looks like the subforum's subtitle needs to be updated then. Still says November 22nd.

The main menu for DOOM 2016 still says "Raze Hell 11.22.2019 -- Pre-order DOOM Eternal" :P

Very unprofessional from id. I cant understand how a month away from release they postpone half a year further. Uncoordinated and unprofessional for sure. This is id we're talking about, very experienced team with games. And I SHOULD, as well as others, be disappointed and pissed. I preordered and got ce, and putting together a new pc, spent a lot when i was financially insecure and it seemed very limited, and now  it seems its everywhere, and preorder has a longer time window. And took a vacation and 2 weeks off work, like many others. Now i hear d64 is free with preorders, i hope its free with all preorders and not new ones only. I preordered the deluxe on steam.

And im sick of ppl saying 'Take as much time as you need id', hell no take only as much as necessary and hurry that sheesh up, free of bugs and in good condition. You committed to a nov release date back in june and a month away you change it? And who was that person on here who had a hunch of this quite a while ago? An insider perhaps?

I hope we dont get some internal struggle or development hell scenario and this game is effed as I will slit my wrists. I do not like that post only a month away from release, sounds too vague and somethings fishy...Duke nukem forever and doom eternal, the name jinxing continues.

PS Does anyone know if the CE artbook and 'Art of Doom eternal' are the same??

Edited by massivefanofdoom

In the demos and the speedrun of the demo (mostly the speedrun) there were parts that didn't look right such as glory killing the arachnotron and not making any sounds, doom slayer clipping through rocks and the grounds at times, movement looking and perhaps feeling like shit, buggy AI and much more. It was a kick in the balls when hearing this being moved to next year, but it makes since as to why they did so.

6 hours ago, massivefanofdoom said:

Very unprofessional from id.

So you feel its more professional to release a rushed and potentially broken game? Because that's literally what you would be asking for here. 

For a person who calls themselves "massive fan of Doom", you sure don't seem to care much for the people who actually make the games. 

And im sick of ppl saying 'Take as much time as you need id', hell no take only as much as necessary and hurry that sheesh up, free of bugs and in good condition.

See what I'm sick of is gross entitlement.

Fine by me, five months isn't too bad. Plus Doom 64 for free on pre-orders? That's pretty generous of them! Although I hope having to port Doom 64 to like... four different platforms? in that time frame isn't too much for Nightdive to handle. 

7 hours ago, massivefanofdoom said:

Duke nukem forever and doom eternal, the name jinxing continues.

Legend says that whenever you compare a game to DNF's development hell, George Broussard laughs and casts a hex on the development team.

PS Does anyone know if the CE artbook and 'Art of Doom eternal' are the same??

I don't think so. The CE book looks like a little manual-sized booklet described as a lore book with custom artwork by id Software. It reminds me of "Conversations from the Universe" from the Halo 2 limited edition steelbook, and of game manuals in general back they used to be thick with backstory and stuff.

Meanwhile the Art Book is a big chonker of a hardcover that has concept art, final art, and developer commentary.

Most people seem to forget what actually happened to DNF.

If i'm not too wrong, Broussard couldn't stop looking at a recent game engine and tell the team to throw everything and start from scratch to switch engines and make the game fancier and kept doing it until Gearbox came in to "finish" the game (i remember hearing they wanted to split stuff from the game and make it seperate DLC) and the references/easter eggs/jokes feeling outdated or out of place have to do with the different time periods the game was in, during development time.

Doom Eternal on the other hand, will keep its engine, has a stronger direction to the point even the "lore" and art direction seem to be part of the marketing and id software already have been in dev hell in probably more than once, specially if you look at the cancelled Doom 4 before Doom 2016.

And with some people mentioning the Arachnotron's glory kills lacking his death scream, i remember when people criticized E3's first reveal of Doom 16 for looking too brown and yellow until id made the final release look a bit better.

Also, looking at Eternal:

* The game continues 2016's art direction of everything being detailed and id even mentioned the amount of graphical detail in like QC 18.

* The possible amount of content.

* Invasion.

* Switch port in the same original release date as other ports, along with Stadia.

* The gore system of enemies being disfigured and destroyed while alive.

I can see the main reason for a delay being a technical one.

12 hours ago, Edward850 said:

So you feel its more professional to release a rushed and potentially broken game? Because that's literally what you would be asking for here. 

For a person who calls themselves "massive fan of Doom", you sure don't seem to care much for the people who actually make the games. 

11 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

See what I'm sick of is gross entitlement.

They cant release a rushed and broken game, no. I'm not acting entitled, I'm acting very disappointed in a A+++ company with lots of experience moving the date back very little before release. I guess I'm an exception, having spent a lot of money early when I couldn't really afford right now (that answer your question if im a fan or not?) and took a chunk of time off work (this seems to be the most common complaint, I guess if you havent done it it wouldnt bother you - I can reverse it perhaps, but I'll look like an idiot - and no, I dont get a lot of time playing games or posting on the internet, so if you have that luxury as a 12-20yo+ age gap person without many commitments more power to you)

I'm human, some stuff bothers me and disappoints me and sometimes I moan. But entitled? No. Take till 2057 for all I care, make sure if you tell me 2057 its 2057.

''you sure don't seem to care much for the people who actually make the games.'' --> I don't even know them personally, I shelled a lot of money to them though and so have literally / potentially millions of other ppl, I'm sure they'll be fine. You're supposed to take care of your customer too, it was a clusterfuck. Disorganised and very unusual of id who have no problem letting us wait a millennium if they have to.

14 hours ago, Komenja said:

Fine by me, five months isn't too bad. Plus Doom 64 for free on pre-orders? That's pretty generous of them! Although I hope having to port Doom 64 to like... four different platforms? in that time frame isn't too much for Nightdive to handle. 

Legend says that whenever you compare a game to DNF's development hell, George Broussard laughs and casts a hex on the development team.

I don't think so. The CE book looks like a little manual-sized booklet described as a lore book with custom artwork by id Software. It reminds me of "Conversations from the Universe" from the Halo 2 limited edition steelbook, and of game manuals in general back they used to be thick with backstory and stuff.

Meanwhile the Art Book is a big chonker of a hardcover that has concept art, final art, and developer commentary.

Wow, that takes me way back. George Broussard, lol. Anyway thanks for the info, I hope you're right. I have to check if the art of doom eternal is limited quantity, even though I'm probably not getting it now anyways as I spent way too much.

EDIT: I really think they are the same, the cover is the same as the 'artbook collectors edition limited to 666 copies', I guess they made extra copies for the CEs or the CE ones are included in the 666 copies. And also, artwork by gabz and partnered with mondo. I guess if they said in  the CE it has 192 pages as well that would confirm it. They're out of stock already in both bethesda and bethesda.eu store anyways.

Edited by massivefanofdoom

15 hours ago, SteelPH said:

Crunch is abuse. Deal with it.

Work overtime and anything thats left patch it, it's not like id is a company that will vanish and never support the game. You act as if this hasn't been done before, or that nowadays we don't have lightning fast internet to dl any updates in an instant. Alternatively, don't change a release date a month away and piss off retailers, shippers, customers et al. There's no excuse, its bad pr for id. It didn't dawn on them recently that they should change the release date and that they were behind schedule, they just let their ego take over and acted on it now that the boiler cooker is ringing and the pressure is reaching max, and looked highly unprofessional in the process. As for 'deal with it', yeah I have no other option but to wait, obviously. I'm already over it, I was disappointed for the first 2 days as a lot of ppl and mostly mad they cost me money and time off work. This is similar to when big boxing matches are made and then cancelled, and you spent money on travel expenses and booked time off work. You're always gonna be mad for a day or two, its inevitable. 

Personally I'd much rather see them wait and release it properly. It's far better than having some publisher force them to push a buggy piece of shit out the door prematurely like so many games these days. Then they're trying to play catch-up patching and fixing things that the publisher couldn't give two shits about since they already have your money. At least this way they can actually focus on getting things right

On 10/10/2019 at 1:15 PM, SteelPH said:

Crunch is abuse. Deal with it.

Yeah, but what does that has anything to do with the comment you quoted?

Anyway, i am gonna jump too on the "unprofessional" bandwagon, if they knew it was not gonna be released in time they should have not put a specific release date on the first place. Sadly this is very usual in the gaming industry nowadays, making up release dates that the developers have no idea if they can achieve.

I dont like this at all but whatever, is not like i am dying to play it, but i guess the people who pre ordered are pissed.

As slightly bummed as I am by the news, I kind of saw this coming from a mile away.

I remember during the last few interviews given over the past several months, I remember that both Hugo and Marty looked beyond exhausted, almost as they were literally supervising the team on Doom Eternal 24/7 in order to meet a deadline. I think it's time they needed a reprieve.

Besides, the game itself looks like it could use an extra bit of polish (case in point, demon gibs not leaving behind any blood trails or decals).

I say give them a good break because they're already built up so much goodwill with Doom 2016 and we can expect nothing but good things for Doom Eternal.

At the end of the day, human beings are still responsible for the game's development, and we've all heard the horror stories that come from development crunch.

Let them take all the time they need.

It's better to wait for a good game than to get a shitty game right away.

8 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

As slightly bummed as I am by the news, I kind of saw this coming from a mile away.

I remember during the last few interviews given over the past several months, I remember that both Hugo and Marty looked beyond exhausted, almost as they were literally supervising the team on Doom Eternal 24/7 in order to meet a deadline. I think it's time they needed a reprieve.

Besides, the game itself looks like it could use an extra bit of polish (case in point, demon gibs not leaving behind any blood trails or decals).

I say give them a good break because they're already built up so much goodwill with Doom 2016 and we can expect nothing but good things for Doom Eternal.

At the end of the day, human beings are still responsible for the game's development, and we've all heard the horror stories that come from development crunch.

Let them take all the time they need.

It's better to wait for a good game than to get a shitty game right away.

Stop saying that though, because the more they read this (and they do read forums) the more likely they'll find it okay to postpone a second time. First time was ok, now take a rest and hurry it up please. We got over it, but don't let that make you too comfortable. You had a commitment you failed, np. its cool, im sure everyone who was upset due to wasted time and money is over it by now (no one has such a long anger window *stares at mirror*) just dont fail it twice.

10 hours ago, thewormofautumn said:

I preordered and I’m not fussed 

I'm happy for you man, a lot of ppl were 'fussed' at first though :) Some ppl made plans and spent money a bit too early perhaps, understand others. I'm sure they got over it now, its been almost a week. We can stop this debate and look forward.

4 hours ago, massivefanofdoom said:

Stop saying that though, because the more they read this (and they do read forums) the more likely they'll find it okay to postpone a second time. First time was ok, now take a rest and hurry it up please. We got over it, but don't let that make you too comfortable. You had a commitment you failed, np. its cool, im sure everyone who was upset due to wasted time and money is over it by now (no one has such a long anger window *stares at mirror*) just dont fail it twice.

Seems like a massive fan of Doom ought to be thrilled that Doom Eternal is delayed since it means they didn't release a buggy half done product on the market to make a quarterly target or whatever.

How was money wasted exactly? Also I can't help but feel you have zero idea how game development works and the factors it involves.