Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcroDM

Pick up sounds in Doom

Does anyone know how to get pickup sounds in Doom? As like when you pick up a megasphere and it says "Megasphere"

with audio. If anyone knows it would help me a lot!

10 minutes ago, AcroDM said:

Does anyone know how to get pickup sounds in Doom? As like when you pick up a megasphere and it says "Megasphere"

with audio. If anyone knows it would help me a lot!

you mean you want to replace the sound that plays when you pick it up?

1 minute ago, BBQgiraffe said:

you mean you want to replace the sound that plays when you pick it up?

Yes. Sort of.

20 minutes ago, AcroDM said:

Yes. Sort of.

you should learn SLADE and how to use GZDoom Decorate, once you do that,

you can edit this script and use any custom sound and the pickup message

24 minutes ago, BBQgiraffe said:

you should learn SLADE and how to use GZDoom Decorate, once you do that,

you can edit this script and use any custom sound and the pickup message

Is there a way to do it just using the gzdoom.ini file?

58 minutes ago, AcroDM said:

Is there a way to do it just using the gzdoom.ini file?

No. That file is strictly for configuring the source port settings.

I think you want an announcer. I always found them intrusive and I’m not sure how to get them working on GZdoom, but Zandronum has them on by default 

Yes that is what i mean. I have done it in GZDoom before but, cannot remember how i did it.

15 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

Do you mean as a setting in some source ports? I think it works in zandronum

13 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I think you want an announcer. I always found them intrusive and I’m not sure how to get them working on GZdoom, but Zandronum has them on by default 

I have tried Zandronum but,it just doesn't work for me.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:59 PM, AcroDM said:

Is there any update's you guys/girls may have? I have looked for it myself but, i am more or less useless at finding things.

I'm sorry man. Like doomkid said, I think the only easy way is to download zandronum since it has it by default. Zandronum is virtually the exact same (as far as the settings menu is concerned) as gzdoom so if you're currently using gzdoom it wont be that much of an adjustment to use zandronum. I think the reason it doesn't work for me is because I deleted a folder named "announcers" lol.

16 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

I'm sorry man. Like doomkid said, I think the only easy way is to download zandronum since it has it by default. Zandronum is virtually the exact same (as far as the settings menu is concerned) as gzdoom so if you're currently using gzdoom it wont be that much of an adjustment to use zandronum. I think the reason it doesn't work for me is because I deleted a folder named "announcers" lol.

No worries but, thank you anyway! I have used Zandronum before but it has this really strange effect that just fucks up the screen. I think it may be because i am not running windows? but i am sure. I will just learn to live without it. It can't be that hard lol. :) Thanks again though!

Just now, AcroDM said:

No worries but, thank you anyway! I have used Zandronum before but it has this really strange effect that just fucks up the screen. I think it may be because i am not running windows? but i am sure. I will just learn to live without it. It can't be that hard lol. :) Thanks again though!

But i am *not* sure