Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Problems With Save Files

You see, I played most of AV with the avmovfix.wad, instead of the normal one. Now that I want to play the full MAP20, I cannot do that because the save file is from avmofix.wad and not av.wad. Is there anything I can do?

Option 1 - Pistol start it with the other WAD loaded

Option 2 - Load your save with the other file. Make note of your weapons and all your ammo, health and armor amounts you have. Switch files, warp maps,then use console commands to "restore" your exact inventory. Save game and play.

Option 3 - Load new file and do IDFA

16 hours ago, Nevander said:

Option 1 - Pistol start it with the other WAD loaded

Option 2 - Load your save with the other file. Make note of your weapons and all your ammo, health and armor amounts you have. Switch files, warp maps,then use console commands to "restore" your exact inventory. Save game and play.

Option 3 - Load new file and do IDFA

Thanks, but I was asking in specific if there was any way to use the save I have in avmovfix.wad in av.wad.

3 hours ago, DSC said:

Thanks, but I was asking in specific if there was any way to use the save I have in avmovfix.wad in av.wad.

Source ports will deny that as the save was done with avmovfix, not in av. Restarting the map from 0 is the only way and use different savestates: one at the start of the map, another or two for progress. 

8 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Source ports will deny that as the save was done with avmovfix, not in av. Restarting the map from 0 is the only way and use different savestates: one at the start of the map, another or two for progress. 

Thanks!