Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

What do you think is next for Doom after Doom Eternal?

Doom is a franchise with lots of mainline and spinoff games with a lot of them being praised.

I've always loved Doom, whenever I feel angry I just pop in the game and I can just beat some random demons booty like it was nothing without worrying about losing.

But now that we're reaching Doom 5 (Doom Eternal), I feel as if we should address something...what's going to happen with Doom?

Will it get the Wolfenstein treatment by Bethesda and get turned into a microtransaction filled soulless piece of trash or will it become golden again? let me know.

It's already golden imo.

But to answer the question, I think we won't be seeing more Doom after Eternal comes out for quite a while, those 2 years have been pretty busy anyway with the Unity ports and Doom 64 enjoying a multiplatform re-release next spring. Eternal will have plenty of SP DLC to sate our appetite for more Doom in the foreseeable future anyway.

Golden.

The only thing i can hope for is possibly adding Final Doom on console and maybe fixing up the rest of the issues that the new unity ports of classic Doom suffer from.

I recently bought Doom on my XB1 so i can play it early in the morning before bed on my TV and it actually plays pretty well imo. I like how you can change the turning sensitivity now. The only bad thing is, is that you cannot rebind the controls but i find that they suit me well, besides changing weapons that is. You also cannot zoom in/out of the map so it's pretty much useless and it's stuck in follow mode (not that i need it for Doom 1 but i might need it for Doom II still).

Other than fixing bugs and adding Final Doom to the consoles, i don't think that we will be getting a new Doom game for quite a while after Eternal, although i could be wrong. There could be a trilogy of Doom games...who knows?

I think it'd be awesome if they were to complete a trilogy once Doom Eternal's been out for quite some time.

Though just from how much stuff they have included into Eternal, its hard to imagine how they could surpass it with a 3rd game.

I hope they do kinda what they’ve done with the new smash bros and just keep adding more DLC slowly but surely. New mini campaigns and other bits of content on a drip feed would be a good way to keep fans happy for several years before even thinking about a Doom6.

next up is a kart racer featuring all the heroes and villains from id bethware properties

doomguy

rageguy

vaultguy

lord woodborne

all the best characters

2 hours ago, aSeriesOfNumbers said:

Though just from how much stuff they have included into Eternal, its hard to imagine how they could surpass it with a 3rd game.

Coop mode campaign is something I really miss.

I don't buy the "the story would not work" or the "there are technical limitations" arguments. There are ways to overcome that, there's a considerable amount of FPS games with coop campaigns that don't have this problem. Considering classic Doom was the first game to feature such mode it's a pity it's not available in any of the modern Doom games.

Probably not too much for a few years and as the PS5 and inevitably other next-gen consoles arrive you can bet the next DOOM will be for those platforms.