Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elden4

just some ideas ...

hello ! i would like to share some ideas for a possible mod / texture pack in the hope that could inspire or interest some good modder / artist or even Bethesda ( as they keep releasing Always the same ports over the years, if you think that the last new graphics for classic doom is the psx / n64 doom ... maybe it should be time that they consider to release something "fresh" for the classic doom).

so being shortly I think a "mod" in this way :

hi res smooth doom animation choice between : black and white style - classic style - new style

option to select classic animation with less frames but in hd size
double option for sound fx (classic /psx n64)
option for soundtrack (classic - metal - psx/n64)
hi res textures , choice between : comic / black and white style (hi res) - classic style (hi res) - new style (hi res)

everything in a pack to use with  doom , doom2 and final doom ...to use also with any other custom megawad / wad  like the "the way id did " style. 

in my opinion this type of mod will be really the definitive doom "revamp" people is waiting for ... but it is just a dream.

in short term just think about the Street fighter 2 turbo hd remix ...

it could be even be done on a kickstarter , if they asked 5 dollar for another doom/doom2 buggy rerelease , why don't ask 3 $ for fundraise this project?

so what do you think?

13 hours ago, elden4 said:

this type of mod will be really the definitive doom "revamp" people is waiting for ...

I don't waiting anything like this.

And what do you mean by comic / black and white / new style is? )

I don't see this happening, IMO applying HD sprites and textures to the 2.5D doom almost takes away from its aesthetic. This is where all the contempt for these "Doom HD" projects come from. Improving the resolution of Doom's assets wont really make it comparable to a modern game at all, it'll just be this odd middle ground. Extremely low poly (if you can even call it that) environments masked with incredibly high resolution textures does not an appealing visual make.

16 hours ago, Enarkz said:

Be the change you want to see in the world

You are right and in my free time i just do what I can... including sharing ideas in order to confront and receive feedback and critics from other people.

9 hours ago, Doomenator said:

I don't waiting anything like this.

And what do you mean by comic / black and white / new style is? )

as i told "in my opinion " ... I should say "maybe it is the definitive mod people is waiting for ?" for sure people have different ideas ...

- comic / black and white / new style -

free interpretations , maybe the monsters , weapons and textures can be redone in a different style like "noir" or "dark" or "cartoon"  there are lots of possibilities maybe who read this is inspired and will make the "ultimate mod ", maybe some others can just think that is something stupid ...

I just share some of my ideas .

I have lots of fun playing with the smooth animation mod - texture alternate hd mod and psx / n64 sound/music effects so for me it would be great to improve this kind of "gameplay" .

I am very grateful to the one who did this mods so I just try to "spread" that kind of gameplay...

5 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

I don't see this happening, IMO applying HD sprites and textures to the 2.5D doom almost takes away from its aesthetic. This is where all the contempt for these "Doom HD" projects come from. Improving the resolution of Doom's assets wont really make it comparable to a modern game at all, it'll just be this odd middle ground. Extremely low poly (if you can even call it that) environments masked with incredibly high resolution textures does not an appealing visual make.

well I don't want to compare doom to a modern game .... I am just talking about something like making a sort of "Street fighter 2 turbo hd remix" with doom ...

and hd textures liquid textures are already available , maybe they can be redone in a different style ?

recently I found a hd alternate texture pack , In my opinion is a masterpiece!! I just hope now that someone will work on the weapons and monsters.

just think also at project warlock or ion fury graphics for example

2 hours ago, elden4 said:

well I don't want to compare doom to a modern game .... I am just talking about something like making a sort of "Street fighter 2 turbo hd remix" with doom ...

and hd textures liquid textures are already available , maybe they can be redone in a different style ?

recently I found a hd alternate texture pack , In my opinion is a masterpiece!! I just hope now that someone will work on the weapons and monsters.

just think also at project warlock or ion fury graphics for example

But Ion Fury and Project Warlock do not use HD textures and sprites. I think that HDifying sprites works in a 2d game, like Street Fighter, but it just looks odd in a pseudo-3d game like Doom where everything is flat. Obviously this is preferential, so your milage may vary. 

1 hour ago, Egg Boy said:

But Ion Fury and Project Warlock do not use HD textures and sprites. I think that HDifying sprites works in a 2d game, like Street Fighter, but it just looks odd in a pseudo-3d game like Doom where everything is flat. Obviously this is preferential, so your milage may vary. 

look , I mean something like this :

https://www.moddb.com/mods/x24-sprite-pack-doom/images/demon-update#imagebox

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-hd-weapons-and-objects

@Doomenator if you are the one who did the alternate hd texture pack on zandronum I really have to thank you , usually I use another pack but yours is really good

so you are already doing what I am saying!

1 hour ago, elden4 said:

Almost everything that you have listed already exists. But I don't see the point of doing it all as a single mod.

28 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

Almost everything that you have listed already exists. But I don't see the point of doing it all as a single mod.

I am saying " for a possible mod / texture pack in the hope that could inspire or interest some good modder / artist or even Bethesda"

but can be different packs too.... can be only one pack with everything..... it is different for each person/modder tastes I think...

so in short terms I would really like to be usefull but more than spreading  ideas or suggest gameplays I can't do !

18 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

A classic example of stereotypical thinking. :D