Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

AutoDoom weekly releases

I've decided to upload weekly releases of AutoDoom, as long as I make progress on it. The releases are posted on Github. You can download them from there for Windows and Mac.

For those wondering what I'm talking about, it's a vanilla-demo compatible (but based on Eternity) single-player and cooperative bot for DOOM. Here's an example video (recorded from coop bot's point of view; the green guy was me):

Official feature request for a hotkey to allow you to interrupt a bot and take control to get the bot past an obstacle it can't figure out on its own without having to fight the bot continuing to try and move.

This is pretty cool. Tried it out on one of my maps, and sooner or later it'll just stop and wiggle in place. Is that to be expected?

1 hour ago, boris said:

This is pretty cool. Tried it out on one of my maps, and sooner or later it'll just stop and wiggle in place. Is that to be expected?

Yeah, currently BOOM specials aren't fully supported (I'm working on it now) and I don't know what I'll do about voodoo Turing complete maps. Also the bot currently doesn't find jump areas. 

If you opt to play coop this experience may be better, because when the bot gets stuck, you can free it later as you reveal new objectives for it to find. Same if I go ahead and implement @Linguica 's suggested override.