Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

Retro Gamer Magazine DOOM special

This months Retro Gamer Magazine has a 14 page special on the original DOOM with interviews with Romero , Tom Hall , Aubrey Hodges , Scott Miller and Alex Mayberry.  

They talk about the shareware release , map designs , enemies , weapons  , music..... tons of stuff.

Not sure if the mag is only available in the UK or not though.

image.png.3d9e629d46b6206a0f838155178e59ec.png

2 hours ago, DoomGater said:

Is there a digital version available? 

It's possible there is as 'Future Publishing' is a big company and releases many magazines here in the UK.

EDIT: Here's a website that looks like it ships mags worldwide and they seem to do digital too.

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/retro-gamer-print-back-issues/retro-gamer-issue-199/

Edited by Eurisko

Thanks for tip! I've ordered one and they'll ship it to me here in Denmark. I've ordered car magazines before from the UK without any problems so I expect this to go just as smooth. Looking forward to read it!

13 minutes ago, Chris Hansen said:

Thanks for tip! I've ordered one and they'll ship it to me here in Denmark. I've ordered car magazines before from the UK without any problems so I expect this to go just as smooth. Looking forward to read it!

You're welcome , It's a good read and plenty in there I didn't know about. 

Also on an unrelated note really , If anyone is a fan of the Alien franchise there's entire feature looking at the history of Alien video games in that same issue too.

2 hours ago, Chris Hansen said:

You could add relevant info or quotes to the Doomwiki, too!

1 hour ago, VGA said:

You could add relevant info or quotes to the Doomwiki, too!

About the magazine or just Doom stuff in general or...? Sorry, not trying to be a smartass, I'm just not sure what you mean.