Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

I need inspiration for a story

Okay so I've been planning out this huge story which is heavily inspired by Doctor Who about time travelling, demons, aliens, yakuza, gods etc for about 3 years now and I'm starting to run out of ideas for it.

It has no name really and the plot is complete madness, it does have some loose threads which I'll be fixing soon but overall it seems to pretty solid according to the people who I met on other forums and such.

I do this mostly for fun as it keeps my mind of the bad stuff, do any of you know of any books, movies, videogames, TV shows, people etc to give me inspiration for my story?

Quick tips for writing. 

1. Your story is nothing if it’s all in your head. I don’t know if you’ve written all of your ideas down yet, but you should do so if you don’t want them to be completely nebulous.

2. There is no such thing as a good writer who doesn’t read. Read. A lot. 

If you want to get inspiration for your story just start just start reading as many different books (to completion) as you can. Inspiration can come from the strangest of places sometimes. And taking different story bits from multiple sources and changing them to fit into yours will make for a better story, if you aren’t plagiarizing of course. 

Writing is much like the Tarantino school of filmmaking. A good artist steals and makes new art from what they’ve taken inspiration from. Just read/watch a lot of stuff and you’ll be sure to find exactly what you need (even if you don’t know you need it yet.)

On 10/13/2019 at 7:28 PM, Rare Hatchiama said:

Two peanuts walk into a bar, one was a salted.

Make a story out of that.

the salted peanut, being a salt supremacist, called the unsalted peanut several unsalted slurs, and was promptly kicked out of the bar, when the art school the salted peanut attended found out about this, he was kicked out(also because his art sucked lol), he devoted the rest of his life to getting rid of all unsalted nuts, and invading trail mix bags that contained unsalted nuts, systematical killing 6 million of them, eventually the invaded trail mix bags pushed him all the way back to his trail mix bag, where he blew his brains out

Edited by BBQgiraffe : grammar fix

3 hours ago, Rare Hatchiama said:

Well, it didnt take long for that to be brought up.  

rule 88: if it exists a Nazi joke can be made about it

On 10/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, BBQgiraffe said:

the salted peanut, being a salt supremacist, called the unsalted peanut several unsalted slurs, and was promptly kicked out of the bar, when the art school the salted peanut attended found out about this, he was kicked out(also because his art sucked lol), he devoted the rest of his life to getting rid of all unsalted nuts, and invading trail mix bags that contained unsalted nuts, systematical killing 6 million of them, eventually the invaded trail mix bags pushed him all the way back to his trail mix bag, where he blew his brains out

That went dark fast.

I can give a idea give up on, Lizard nazis aswell as nazi zombies and lizard nazi zombies also Please don't take this reply seriously.

I once considered writing a novel called 'I, Ronald'. It was going to be about a young man who discovers that he is Ronald McDonald and therefore god, and then goes on an existential journey to control all of time and space. I decided not to go through with the project on account of it being very esoteric along with the obvious legal ramifications. 

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

I once considered writing a novel called 'I, Ronald'. It was going to be about a young man who discovers that he is Ronald McDonald and therefore god, and then goes on an existential journey to control all of time and space. I decided not to go through with the project on account of it being very esoteric along with the obvious legal ramifications. 

And that Ronald is but a clown, a Jester and no King.

6 hours ago, ReeseJamPiece said:

What even is this thread anymore

The ultimate final form of evolution.

I like to take really weird ideas like a creature or something. Poem I wrote for fun as example.

This is the story of the most magnificent creature

The creature with a single distinguished feature.

Imagine a lizard with fifteen legs in all it’s glory!

Well now stop, because this is not that story.

A marvelous mermaid, but not the one your thinking.

A maid-mer, up on a rock drinking.

Only difference, this animal is in reverse.

Legs on bottom, fish head top, almost like a curse.

They weren't alone, there was a counter species.

An octopus was bored and had diabetes.

To say the least, they weren't enjoyed.

But in an act of God, they were all destroyed.

Doesn't have to be a poem of course but if you have a good idea for something but cant stretch it out to a whole story, a poem would be a good start.