Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P41R47

Demonfear MIDI Pack

Hi, everybody!
P41R47 here, releasing his first mod.
And its a new MIDI pack for one of the 100 best wads of all time, nothing less than the incredible short and incredible fun ''Demonfear'' by Adam Windsor.

With the awesome midis by Alfonzo, LewkForce, Viscra Maelstrom, Hellish Godzilla, Jazzmaster9, Darkcrafter, yakfak, Dial-up for Murder and PRIMEVAL, you get a new TITLEPIC made by me (inspired by one ONEMANDOOM author made for his own page), a new INTERPIC, a new BOSSBACK (i didn't found the author, if anybody know who did that awesome pic, please send me a message so i include him in the credits), a lot of map patches telling the story that Adam Windsor himself wrote when he first release it, and a totally new Dehacked Patch with map names and new Text Screen Story.

All in all, it take a lot of time to compile this MIDIs, trying to find really good songs by authors that had contributed to other community projects and released their other music to be used freely, and some new authors that shared their midi work but doesn't have the chance to make them reach more people.
I really want to tell you, composers, that your works is totally inspiring and i hope you like this mod much like i do compiling it.

And again, thanks Adam Windsor for all your hard work, your wonderfuls maps, and your time sampling this mod a little.

Here you go, guys!!!
Hope you enjoy it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AsQRbWTA94aZpwfy1ZN0QYgOPo_wImfj/view?usp=sharing

Demonfear original megawad:

SCREENSHOTS:

Spoiler

Title.png.323437fb77348af748bcb0414e33d0c7.png
970918398_Automap(1).png.1b9c0e598401bea976904032d0474902.png

(EDIT: Don't know why exactly, but strangely the CWILVXX patches seem to have an incorrect offset in G/L/Zdoom, difficulting reading them during the intermission screen. If anybady know how i can fix this aside from creating a new pack specifically for G/L/ZDoom ports, please, send me a message, thanks you in advance)

Intermission (5).png

Edited by P41R47 : UPDATE_v1.0: 02/10/20: Improved CWILVxx patches

Cool! I've tried to get into Demonfear before, but I've never gotten past the first map. I'll definitely add this in next time I get around to trying it!

14 hours ago, DwarfCleric said:

So, is this one to use with the "dmonfear" WAD released back in 2000? Or was there a new one with the same name?

Yes, this is for the original Demonfear, sorry i didn't add a download link of it on the post. I fixed it already ;)

14 hours ago, Senor500 said:

Seems like I'm gonna be playing Demonfear for the first time with this.

12 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

Cool! I've tried to get into Demonfear before, but I've never gotten past the first map. I'll definitely add this in next time I get around to trying it!

Hope you enjoy it, guys!

Its not much but Adam like it, so i think its work pretty well.
I you find something off, please tell me and i will try to fix it.

@P41R47 Music for map03 made me laugh... I know it's from a song I heard a loooong time ago but I can't remember which

ooooooooh fuck, just as I was typing my brain decided to work, it's from St. Anger "Some Kind of Monster" 

even funnier now HaHaHaHaHaHaHa

That album is surprisingly great to let playing in the background if you want to get focused into something. A few months back I played Hexen 2 Portals of Preavus while listening to that one

10 hours ago, DwarfCleric said:

@P41R47 Music for map03 made me laugh... I know it's from a song I heard a loooong time ago but I can't remember which

ooooooooh fuck, just as I was typing my brain decided to work, it's from St. Anger "Some Kind of Monster" 

even funnier now HaHaHaHaHaHaHa

That album is surprisingly great to let playing in the background if you want to get focused into something. A few months back I played Hexen 2 Portals of Preavus while listening to that one

Haha you got it! Jazzmaster9, the autor of the midi named it SKODF.mid so i think it is a ''Some Kind of monster'' tribute. I don't think the song to be called ''Some Kind of DemonFear'', because the song was made long before i made the midipack, but it is really fitting hahah.

3 minutes ago, <<Rewind said:

Why does chrome reejct the download of the wad from idgames?

Good question, that's happening to me all of a sudden as well.

32 minutes ago, <<Rewind said:

When it does that I usually try one of the other mirrors and it works.  I'd avoid the Texas one though as it seems to have been dead for some time.

5 hours ago, <<Rewind said:

5 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Good question, that's happening to me all of a sudden as well.

4 hours ago, guitardz said:

When it does that I usually try one of the other mirrors and it works.  I'd avoid the Texas one though as it seems to have been dead for some time.

Thanks you guys for the comments!

I already changed the download link of Demonfear to the one in the downloads section of Doomworld.

I was planning on revisiting this compilation to make some tweaks, like make the new CWILVxx patches more legible and probably make a new INTERPIC and a new BOSSBACK and a new Status Bar.

Now i'm at work, but when i come back home i will start working on the new graphics.

Hope you enjoy the ride of Demonfear and it MidiPack on the DWMC!

26 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Thanks you guys for the comments!

I already changed the download link of Demonfear to the one in the downloads section of Doomworld.

I was planning on revisiting this compilation to make some tweaks, like make the new CWILVxx patches more legible and probably make a new INTERPIC and a new BOSSBACK and a new Status Bar.

Now i'm at work, but when i come back home i will start working on the new graphics.

Hope you enjoy the ride of Demonfear and it MidiPack on the DWMC!

If you are remaking CWILVs I recommend putting the name at the top as is usual then the story text block just under that.  Currently the story block shows up in the middle of the screen behind the stats.

15 minutes ago, guitardz said:

If you are remaking CWILVs I recommend putting the name at the top as is usual then the story text block just under that.  Currently the story block shows up in the middle of the screen behind the stats.

yes, thats actually a problem that i found in zdoom base ports and didn't know how to properly fix it.

I changed the CWILV patches offset for them to appear under the intermission stats and it work as i intended in vanilla, chocolate, crispy, doom retro, Woof! and PrBoom+.

I will try to look more into it and try to find and universal solution that works right on every port.

35 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

yes, thats actually a problem that i found in zdoom base ports and didn't know how to properly fix it.

I changed the CWILV patches offset for them to appear under the intermission stats and it work as i intended in vanilla, chocolate, crispy, doom retro, Woof! and PrBoom+.

I will try to look more into it and try to find and universal solution that works right on every port.

You could always just make them the same resolution as the INTERPIC.  Then they would take up the full screen and you can place the text wherever you like.  This is how Eveiternity handled full screenshots as CWILVS, heh.

11 minutes ago, guitardz said:

You could always just make them the same resolution as the INTERPIC.  Then they would take up the full screen and you can place the text wherever you like.  This is how Eveiternity handled full screenshots as CWILVS, heh.

Oh thanks, i will try that.

I made a couple of test CWILVs to see how the idea would look in GZDoom.  I like how these turned out.  I also feel like the story text really needs the drop shadow to make it more legible, but that could just be my old man eyesight, ha.

Screenshot_Doom_20201002_005027.png.1237cb8571c4c2ad863040de7fa8b5f4.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201002_005038.png.eca361b3f5a3c03309427a8502c750d2.png

10 hours ago, guitardz said:

I made a couple of test CWILVs to see how the idea would look in GZDoom.  I like how these turned out.  I also feel like the story text really needs the drop shadow to make it more legible, but that could just be my old man eyesight, ha.

Screenshot_Doom_20201002_005027.png.1237cb8571c4c2ad863040de7fa8b5f4.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201002_005038.png.eca361b3f5a3c03309427a8502c750d2.png

Thanks for your suggestion and feedback, pal!
Unfortunatelly, the Eviternity way of doing the patches crashes vanilla and chocolate, so i made a workaround adjusting the legibility of the patches and the offset to make them display properly on whatever port.
Still, the space i can use is limited, more so in vanilla, so i can't put the name of the map on the description.
Best option would be with the approach that Hell2Pay take, adding an image to the patch and text, changing the offset... but now that i remember, Hell2Pay also has problems with zdoom base ports offset :/

Try the new version if you can, it surely improves the text :) 

Ah, nice.  And yea, vanilla functions make things difficult a lot of the time.  I'll check the new version out before I play MAPs 05 and 06 after work tonight.

Edited by guitardz

I tried to download this MIDI pack from Google Drive link above. It seems to be OK but my WinRAR reports that it is corrupted so I can´t unpack it. 

21 minutes ago, leebigh said:

I tried to download this MIDI pack from Google Drive link above. It seems to be OK but my WinRAR reports that it is corrupted so I can´t unpack it. 

Strange :/
I just tried it without problem from some different devices on my house.
Try it on a few seconds, i'm repackaging things for you on a .zip.

Done! Go grab it, pal!
;)

7 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Strange :/
I just tried it without problem from some different devices on my house.
Try it on a few seconds, i'm repackaging things for you on a .zip.

Done! Go grab it, pal!
;)

Thank you very much, it works now. 

I think that problem was somewhere in Google Drive, because actual link looks different.

17 minutes ago, leebigh said:

Thank you very much, it works now. 

I think that problem was somewhere in Google Drive, because actual link looks different.

Hope you enjoy it, pal!
I will be doing a new update soon, maybe.
So stay in tune ;)

Edited by P41R47

I tried it and I think that is obligatory for playing Demonfear. I have to write about your pack in my review which I´m preparing.

1 minute ago, leebigh said:

I tried it and I think that is obligatory for playing Demonfear. I have to write about your pack in my review which I´m preparing.

i'm really glad you like it :D
The original Demonfear was released around 2000, and it was just a map replacement megawad.
Last year, i asked the author of Demonfear if i could release this project, as i already made it for myself, and he approved.
In the next update i will tweak things a little for better compatibility between ports, and probably add a new status bar.
Unfortunately, i'm kinda short of time this days.
But well, it will be done for sure ;)