Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rf`

Operation: Arctic Wolf Redux

kUmhnTw.png

So a few years ago I started working on revamping Laz Rojas' Operation: Arctic Wolf. I got as far as re-doing half the enemies and all the weapons, and got snagged on the whole point of combining both parts 1 and 2 into a single file, given how much of a hassle it'd be. So I basically put it on a shelf for like 5 years before deciding to pick it up again. 

Took me almost a solid week of peering at the dehacked patches trying to figure out what was different between parts, and coming to the conclusion that Laz was either a genius, a wizard, or insane. Mostly insane, because things were replaced in one version, and the same object takes up a different space. 

Took me about another two weeks to convert the maps to UDMF, get them working again (the converter I found was not terribly smart about linedef actions at all), and completely re-doing every single level. Everything is basically complete, though I did not do any graphical updates for map31 outside of making the underwater section a working portal.

So here you go: Operation: Arctic Wolf Redux

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g5dvhr7q5pqc5v/arctzdm.pk3?dl=1

Major changes:
All weapons completely redone, all enemies mostly the same, soldiers can throw grenades at you too, bosses are more challenging, Many levels had to be re-done for gameplay issues (especially The Tunnel), full use of GZDoom effects like portals, underwater sections, slopes, and UDMF features. Replaced the mortar with a sniper rifle, alt-fire throws grenades.

Screenshots:
xguhL2w.png

E4faLdm.png

24abz8M.png

TBLZ1kQ.png

K45zSeT.png

XTxCTbH.png

MNfZFjG.png

8FSSsjO.png

Credits:
Laz Rojas - Wolfendoom, Arctic Wolf base mod
id Software - Doom & Wolfenstein 3D
3d Realms - Duke Nukem 3D
Apogee - Rise of the Triad
CeeJay - some stuff from their WolfenDOOM Update

On 10/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, rf` said:

kUmhnTw.png

So a few years ago I started working on revamping Laz Rojas' Operation: Arctic Wolf. I got as far as re-doing half the enemies and all the weapons, and got snagged on the whole point of combining both parts 1 and 2 into a single file, given how much of a hassle it'd be. So I basically put it on a shelf for like 5 years before deciding to pick it up again. 

Took me almost a solid week of peering at the dehacked patches trying to figure out what was different between parts, and coming to the conclusion that Laz was either a genius, a wizard, or insane. Mostly insane, because things were replaced in one version, and the same object takes up a different space. 

Took me about another two weeks to convert the maps to UDMF, get them working again (the converter I found was not terribly smart about linedef actions at all), and completely re-doing every single level. Everything is basically complete, though I did not do any graphical updates for map31 outside of making the underwater section a working portal.

So here you go: Operation: Arctic Wolf Redux

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g5dvhr7q5pqc5v/arctzdm.pk3?dl=1

Major changes:
All weapons completely redone, all enemies mostly the same, soldiers can throw grenades at you too, bosses are more challenging, Many levels had to be re-done for gameplay issues (especially The Tunnel), full use of GZDoom effects like portals, underwater sections, slopes, and UDMF features. Replaced the mortar with a sniper rifle, alt-fire throws grenades.

Screenshots:
xguhL2w.png

E4faLdm.png

24abz8M.png

TBLZ1kQ.png

K45zSeT.png

XTxCTbH.png

MNfZFjG.png

8FSSsjO.png

Credits:
Laz Rojas - Wolfendoom, Arctic Wolf base mod
id Software - Doom & Wolfenstein 3D
3d Realms - Duke Nukem 3D
Apogee - Rise of the Triad
CeeJay - some stuff from their WolfenDOOM Update

This looks killer! Going to give it a shot!

i'm allowed to use jump and crouch? i know that you did udmf mode but i just want to be sure, also i noticed that my crosshair wont appear... maybe it's lzdoom or ai dunno.