Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Armolitskiy

Neatendita Nivelo [WIP] - Level 2 is ready!

Neatendita Nivelo

I am working on this WAD, as usual. But this time I’ll try to experiment with some levels. In this WAD only textures from DOOM2.wad will be used. You can play with absolutely any mods this! I still can not say the exact number of levels, it all depends on my mood and desire. I will try to surprise you. All the news I will send under the post.

UDMF format, DOOM2.wad
I use: GZDoom Builder

Background:

Spoiler

You are an ordinary soldier who served on Mars. Your mother needs an expensive operation for which you do not have enough money. Therefore, you sign a secret contract with one private company and fly to Earth. This planet is no longer the cradle of mankind with green fields, clear blue skies and beautiful seas. After people exploited the planet Earth, they flew away to almost mastered Mars, leaving the lower layers of the population on their home planet. You are waiting for a service in one organization that conducts strange experiments, trying to study teleportation. Soon the experiments got out of control, the complex was flooded with monsters from Hell itself, and all the people here turned into zombies hungry for your blood, and now you just have to survive in order to fly back to Mars.

rte-N1-R6lw-Q.png

QFBOhv-DFl5.png

fl-RPd-VUBgh.png

You can participate in this project! Just PM me.

Edited by Armolitskiy

24 minutes ago, Armolitskiy said:

I do not know what else I can add in this description.

Like intended map format, how maps you will do and so on.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, Armolitskiy said:

added

and you could elaborate on the nature and extent of the "experiments"....

3 hours ago, grrfield said:

and you could elaborate on the nature and extent of the "experiments"....

I want to experiment with level design, dimensions, but not go too far.

And here is the second level!

Uc-TCx-GJx-Qy.png

s-E827-Uk-Eik.png

I still do it, so I can provide only two screenshots. Everything is very simple and a little boring, but I will try and I will experiment.

Another pair of screenshots of the second level!

gzdoom-b-XMBv9-ST39.png

gzdoom-a-UAq8-G8a-IS.png

Still working, doing a little every day. It would be nice to finish level two by early November. Perhaps I would post an alpha version. Depends on you.

6 hours ago, Armolitskiy said:

COMPLETED!

x-ULiwg-Wn-Id.png

gzdoom-mp5-FUy01uw.png

gzdoom-hq5hb9lg1-S.png

TSrn-Cr9-I4p.png

The second level is completely ready! I'm looking for someone to test it.

Send me over a link. I'll try to record a video tomorrow. Looks great!

On 10/20/2019 at 7:52 AM, Armolitskiy said:

Everything is very simple and a little boring

Not simple or boring at all. Your sectors and geometry are broken up enough to be interesting, I like the angles of everything, and there's just enough detail for a vanilla visual theme. Texturing is also nice with good variety while feeling like it fits together, nothing jumps out as 'it need changing' for the textures. Of course experiment if you like, the only thing I can say is keep doing what you do, because you already have a well-developed style.

10 minutes ago, reflex17 said:

Not simple or boring at all. Your sectors and geometry are broken up enough to be interesting, I like the angles of everything, and there's just enough detail for a vanilla visual theme. Texturing is also nice with good variety while feeling like it fits together, nothing jumps out as 'it need changing' for the textures. Of course experiment if you like, the only thing I can say is keep doing what you do, because you already have a well-developed style.

Thanks!