Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad Dal 85

Bow Weapons

Question

Hey everyone.

I'm having trouble with two weapons that I downloaded from Realm667. CryoBow and PlasmaBallista. 

Every time I try to fire these weapons, the game crash. The files says suitable for Doom but they just cause the game to crash, prompting an error report window. 

How can I stop this from happening so I have one or both bows in my wad. 

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

CryoBow/PlasmaBallista

https://realm667.com/index.php/en/component/docman/?task=doc_download&gid=816&Itemid=

I'm not sure what version of GZDoom I've got. Haven't been able to update my software as computer don't have internet access at the moment so having to use someone else's computer and download things onto a USB stick then install it on my computer when I get home.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:06 PM, Mad Dal 85 said:

I looked at my GZDoom and I've got GZDoom v3.0

Your GZDoom version is not compatible with it , I suggest updating GZDoom (if your pc can handle it) or going back to a better and more stable version of GZDoom.
For example GZD 1.9.1 doesn't have any issue with it

9 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

GZDoom v4 don't work for me. Something about 'OpenGL not accelered!' 🤷‍♂️ 

Your graphics card isn't powerfull enough to run it

I've figured out what the problem is with the bow. It's the sound format. First time I tried it, I just copied everything from the Bow.wad file except the sound (because me being the idiot that I am, I forgot the sound effects at the time) and when I tried it out (without the sound) it worked fine, but when I added the sound, it kept causing GZDoom to crash. 

Anyway, I looked at the sound format for the bow and it's the FLAC format. Every other sound on my custom wad is; Ogg Vorbis, Wav Format, and Doom Format, and I have never had any trouble with them. 

Do you think the FLAC sound format is what's causing my GZDoom to crash? 

on some GZDoom versions, flac decoder was built with AVX instructions, and this likely to be the issue. i.e. flac decoder is using CPU instructions your CPU doesn't understand. if you don't want to mess with GZDoom versions, you can use ffmpeg (or some other tool) to convert flac to vorbis.