Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_Dude

McFarlane Toys DoomSlayer Review

I was looking for Doom images using Googles image search when I hit this review on Figures.com. I didn't know this was a thing and certainly didn't see it mention here on Doomworld... This figure looks pretty damned cool.

Standing over 7-inches tall, the Doomslayer comes armed to take on the demon horde with his trusty double-barreled Super Shotgun (with new underslung  grappling “Meat Hook”attachment), as well as an extended arm blade.

afFqKHi.jpg

Check out more pictures and info over there ----> https://www.figures.com/2019/10/14/review-mcfarlane-toys-doom-eternal-doomslayer-action-figure/

I mentioned back in May I was looking forward to the figure.

I didn't know about that review, though.  One comment points out all the photos of the figure show it in the same pose, so articulation might be lacking.  Regardless, I already ordered one from Popcultcha.

A bronze variant of the figure will also be released.

Ahh I missed your thread back in May. Anyhow I think it looks pretty cool. Not fussed about a bronze version myself.

I thought a Doom figure would get more interest. haha.

I have this pre-ordered at Forbidden Planet. Good to see a review as there isn't much of a description on there.

Thanks for posting this.

A shame if the articulation is limited, because a cool thing to do with a Doomguy figurine or some other Doom toys is to make sprites for them, like how id did some of the sprites early in the series.

Also, i said this already but in the next game, collectibles should be based off real life/existing official Doom merch.

We've had merchandise based off the Marineguys, so this idea is like the opposite.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, whatup876 said:

A shame if the articulation is limited, because a cool thing to do with a Doomguy figurine or some other Doom toys is to make sprites for them, like how id did some of the sprites early in the series.

Also, i said this already but in the next game, collectibles should be based off real life/existing official Doom merch.

We've had merchandise based off the Marineguys, so this idea is like the opposite.

As cool as that does sound , I can imagine there would be a bit of red tape limiting that. The DOOM name belongs to Id of course but wouldn't the manufactures of the merch have to be involved as it would be their designs being used? not sure.

Edited by Eurisko

On 10/20/2019 at 10:33 AM, Eurisko said:

As cool as that does sound , I can imagine there would be a bit of red tape limiting that. The DOOM name belongs to Id of course but wouldn't the manufactures of the merch have to be involved as it would be their designs being used? not sure.

I thought it was a cool way to digitally "preserve" the merch/toys, in case something happens to any figurine and photos or videos aren't enough.

Same for concept art books and such, because even if you could scan pages and/or make PDF's off of it, it'd be neat seeing in-game galleries showing off the art.

Mine showed up just last week, was beginning to think my order had been lost since I had been seeing them on Twitter for quite a while.

12 hours ago, Knee Deep In The Fan said:

Mine came the other day in the mail, definitely an awesome looking figure.

1 hour ago, Quasar said:

Mine showed up just last week, was beginning to think my order had been lost since I had been seeing them on Twitter for quite a while.

I presume you guys are in the states as mine isn't due for release until December in the UK.

I just remembered that QC had a backpack for Doomguy based off a real piece of merchandise, which carried the marineguy.

Maybe that backpack design could be used for if the ammo backpack returns in Eternal.

This also makes me wonder how did they get to use that design at all.