Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
massivefanofdoom

Multitextures?

Sorry if I got the name wrong, I believe this was it. I heard it mentioned in a video or some other forum, and that idtech 7 no longer has it (but had it during early DE development) Can some techheads explain what it is please? And if it makes for a more immersive environment / beautiful picture? Because I googled 'doom eternal multitextures' and nothing specific came up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=doom+eternal+multitextures&rlz=1C1GIWA_enMT693MT693&oq=doom+eternal+multitextures&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.3207j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I believe what you're looking for is Megatexture. a single massive texture that covers an entire terrain, normally if you pay more attention to environments in games you would often see repeated tiles of textures re-used multiple times. a Megatexture helps avoid this giving each area in terrain a unique look.

1 hour ago, tempdecal.wad said:

I believe what you're looking for is Megatexture. a single massive texture that covers an entire terrain, normally if you pay more attention to environments in games you would often see repeated tiles of textures re-used multiple times. a Megatexture helps avoid this giving each area in terrain a unique look.

Thankyou my friend.