Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

[WIP] Gomorrah - A UDMF mapset powered by OTEX

I really like the idea of puzzles in Doom, and I've always thought they go really will with classic Doom gameplay. Not everyone's cup of tea though. The screenshots look really cool and moody, especially with the lights in Desolation. I think you could break up the square/circle shaped room edges with some asymmetrical details, though I understand this is WIP. Also, I think some desaturation fog in MAP05 would work nicely! 

Good luck on your project!

10 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

I really like the idea of puzzles in Doom, and I've always thought they go really will with classic Doom gameplay. Not everyone's cup of tea though. The screenshots look really cool and moody, especially with the lights in Desolation. I think you could break up the square/circle shaped room edges with some asymmetrical details, though I understand this is WIP. Also, I think some desaturation fog in MAP05 would work nicely! 

Good luck on your project!

Much appreciated! c:

Looks and sounds really interesting, I'm excited to get my hands on this when you're done. I'm really digging that cave shot, it just makes me want to explore it! Are you aiming for Boom compatibility? (EDIT) Yeah never mind, I guess if I read the thread title properly, I'd have that answer. 

Oh also, by any chance is this aiming to be compatible with your Satanic Gameshow Deluxe mod, specifically?

Looks absolutely awesome! I especially dig the screenshot to map 05.

Keep up the great work.

23 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Looks and sounds really interesting, I'm excited to get my hands on this when you're done. I'm really digging that cave shot, it just makes me want to explore it! [...] Oh also, by any chance is this aiming to be compatible with your Satanic Gameshow Deluxe mod, specifically?

Much obliged!

I'm not planning compatibility with SGD per se, but chances are I'll do some test runs with it just for fun. The thing about SGD is that it admittedly works best with a mapset that throws a near-constant stream of enemies at the player, and when it comes to this mapset's gameplay, the way I'm planning it at the moment is to make it more focused on atmosphere and exploration, perhaps with the occasional "arena" battle. MAP06 is the exception to that rule, though, as the gameplay in it isn't far from slaughter-style.

23 hours ago, obake said:

Looks absolutely awesome! I especially dig the screenshot to map 05.

Keep up the great work.

Will do, thanks!

6 hours ago, MFG38 said:

the way I'm planning it at the moment is to make it more focused on atmosphere and exploration, perhaps with the occasional "arena" battle. MAP06 is the exception to that rule, though, as the gameplay in it isn't far from slaughter-style.

Sounds awesome, I'm excited to see how you incorporate puzzles, as well. Can we be expecting some ACS magic?

12 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Sounds awesome, I'm excited to see how you incorporate puzzles, as well. Can we be expecting some ACS magic?

Absolutely! I think that the puzzle ideas I have would be practically impossible to execute without ACS anyway. :P

Progress on Gomorrah has been kinda slow lately, but I have gotten some work done on the Hell map this week. Screenshots of what I managed to conjure up are in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

KjECmb4.png

qS9mI8Y.png

zyei1Eg.png