Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BBQgiraffe

Shitty game project

I decided I need something to waste my time on so I am going to try and make a video game, 

the only rule is I can only use pictures from Google, and audio from YouTube

this is the WIP title screen I made:

altTitle.png.6c0d7c601398b15508eb85e9a74a810b.png

it's gonna be a sidescroller where you well, play a soviet cat that overthrows the federal government,

I'm using SDL2 and C++, I'll probably have a basic game framework and player controller within a couple days(I have to work this into my school and work schedule)

Why not use an existing game engine like Godot?  Then you can concentrate on the actual game instead of making yet another throw-away game engine.

8 minutes ago, andrewj said:

Why not use an existing game engine like Godot?  Then you can concentrate on the actual game instead of making yet another throw-away game engine.

Programming the game skeleton is one of  my favorite parts

14 minutes ago, BBQgiraffe said:

Programming the game skeleton is one of  my favorite parts

It has been my experience that a person is either a game designer or a engine programmer, but very rarely can they do both.  Such experience includes many of my own failed game projects where once I had written the engine, the fun part, then I never had the interest to finish the actual game.

Anyway, didn't want to dissuade you from your project, just hope you do better than I often did and have a fully playable game at the end :)