Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
me_

I'm looking to STREAM your maps!! [Saturdays at 11pm EST]

hey, it's me, you. me.

i'm a real believer in the power of having your maps streamed for you and getting to interact with the playtester and other viewers in real-time.

RULES:

• no slaughtermaps
  • no zdoom-based maps
  • maps must be personally submitted by the author*
  • 3 maps max from a multi-map wad**
  • 90 minutes max for single maps, 2 hours max for 2-3 maps*** (edit: changed 60 to 90 and 90 to 2 hours)

format for submitting your map(s):

• Map(s) -- map names *and optionally, their slots if it's not just MAP01-03*
  • Estimated time -- estimated time to complete each map
  • Preferred port -- *optional, i'll default to glboom+ if not included*
  • Wait for me -- *optional yes/no, i'll default to yes and only play your map if you're there for it. otherwise i'll just send you the vod*
  • Comments -- *optional, but enter any pertinent information here (such as the difficulty, gameplay quirks, fun tidbits about the map, etc.)*

more info:

Spoiler

don't forget to include a download link. you can throw in a screenshot too.

you can make multiple submissions at once, like from different wads and stuff. i'll just play them at separate times in that case instead of all at once.

in the future i may be open to personal streams, i.e. you tell me when you are available and i'll start up the stream for you. but for now, "scheduled" streams only. maps being played for a stream will be mostly decided beforehand, and their order will be decided after the stream has started. i'll allow for a lot of variation in the line-up, including walk-ons. i don't plan to follow any sort of consistent schedule, so expect cancellations, rescheduling, weird times, etc. i might even schedule a stream only hours beforehand, but i'll try to avoid surprise streams. also i know probably nobody will read this far, but if you've got any vanilla heretic maps lying around...

* please don't ask me to play someone else's maps, so don't ask me to playtest a community project, unless it's specifically your maps

** ...but if the wad is fun and I enjoy your maps, i might decide to continue streaming it (including maps that weren't submitted by you)

*** i won't just instantly close your level if it takes over 90 minutes, that's just an estimate for single maps. however, if you submit 2 or 3 maps, the combined total time must not exceed 120 minutes. please don't request 3 different 1 hour-long maps.

primary streams on saturdays around 11pm EST (with shorter random streams in the middle of the week)

Edited by me_

EDIT: I glossed over the part where you said no ZDoom, my apologies! I'll leave this here in case you change your mind. :)

----

Always keen to see someone take a shot at Order of the Odonata! Especially since Joel, the person who hosted the contest this was built for, spent more time distracted and meme-ing than actually playing.

I've followed you, hopefully I catch it live if you do play it. :)

Edited by Dragonfly

I'd love to watch you steam my map Vile. Here is the link

Average play time seems to be around 45 minutes or so. Sometimes right around an hour. I've only tested this map on GZDoom, but I don't make use of anything specific to GZDoom. Probably easiest to play on that. I'll be sure to be in the stream to watch you play. 

Pretty big map with a whole lot of secrets. The basic story I was going for was that a group of scientists on Mars were tasked with creating a new super weapon. They weren't getting the results they wanted and tried to use Martian artifacts and the occult to help. Que demonic invasion. It's expected that they finished their experiments and you're tasked with clearing out the base. 

I balanced for UV first and foremost, but HMP and HNTR are both enabled and balanced as well. I think it's a reasonably challenging map and definitely prefer the UV  experience. Your mileage may vary, of course.  

5 hours ago, me_ said:
  • no slaughtermaps
  • no zdoom-based maps
  • 3 maps max from a multi-map wad**
  • 60 minutes max for single maps, 90 minutes max for 2+ maps***

Welp

we're still on to play tonight in around 6 hours. i purposely tried to not bump the thread so that i could limit how many wads were submitted for the first stream, but if you're seeing this now and want to still want to submit something in the next few hours, go right on ahead

@Dragonfly i'll play the map (and @kknot5889's too) tonight assuming i don't get like... 6 more maps submitted, even though these maps fly directly in the face of my few rules!! but no more after this, i will not have you degrade the integrity i haven't established yet anymore!!

but yeah i'm probably gonna play the maps

i'll @ everyone again tonight before the stream

i don't know why, but i'm really nervous about this, i feel like there's much more pressure on me than there actually is

@me_

I appreciate you putting your reputation and clout on the line for these maps. Thanks for the heads up. Was starting to wonder if you had forgotten, but it makes sense not to bump the thread too much if you're trying to limit the amount of maps. 

No need to feel nervous, man. I'm sure you'll kill it. And you'll have chat there screaming at you about a few shells you forgot to pick up. 

Looking forward to it.

@Dragonfly @kknot5889 @Xyzzy01

it is time

and by that i mean the stream is starting now but i'll actually be there to do stuff and things in a few minutes

some nice tunes will keep you company until then

~first stream in the bag

4 and a half hours gone

only 2 maps played~

a lot of time was spent doing things that were not playing @kknot5889's map, such as waiting, discussing screenshots, complaining about gzdoom, etc., but next time we'll just jump right into it much faster

though i still felt it was pretty productive and plan on doing another, just don't know when

@me_

Well that was an entertaining watch to say the least. I think I passed out before you actually beat the final room. Is there a VOD? 

Thanks for playing, man. That was fun.

@kknot5889 i gave up trying to beat the final room normally but i'll pm the timestamp for my final exhausted rambling monologue to ya

thanks for sticking around so long!!

Hi, just watched your Twitch vod and you are entertaining and extremely helpful while also being serious and informative. I'd love for you to try my two maps. In total they should take you about 10 minutes. I've made the end overwhelming on purpose which may tread your first rule a little, but you aren't forced to deal with the situation. The second level is the level that tells you it's over, but I added a "secret" which starts a special event that is meant to be unbeatable just for fun and to see how long you can last and what your high score is. You don't have to do the ending at all if you don't want to. I hope you have fun, and I'll be surely on the next stream of yours whenever that is!

i'm too scared to change the time so we're just gonna do the next stream at the exact same time, saturday night (11/2) at 11pm-ish EST

right now the lineup is (assuming the respective authors are there): @Xyzzy01's maps, @Magicana's map, and @UndeadRyker's map + whatever else gets submitted + @Dragonfly's map if there's time (i'm puttin this one on the backburner for now since i have a strange feeling he might not have submitted the map for feedback, i'm sorry!!!), with the order being decided during the stream

i'll try to make things a lot more timely this time, too

hopefully it won't feel like i'm rushing or anything

3 hours ago, me_ said:

i'm too scared to change the time so we're just gonna do the next stream at the exact same time, saturday night (11/2) at 11pm-ish EST

right now the lineup is (assuming the respective authors are there): @Xyzzy01's maps, @Magicana's map, and @UndeadRyker's map + whatever else gets submitted + @Dragonfly's map if there's time (i'm puttin this one on the backburner for now since i have a strange feeling he might not have submitted the map for feedback, i'm sorry!!!), with the order being decided during the stream

i'll try to make things a lot more timely this time, too

hopefully it won't feel like i'm rushing or anything

I'll do my best to be there, but I'm Australian so may be a struggle... Feel free to record without me and I'll watch it back.

Feel free to omit my map from your playthrough, I know it's not your style of level and won't push it on you! Plus I definitely won't be free this Saturday anyway. :)

@Finnthemapmaker ya know what? ya know what??? if there's time, i'll play it, even though they're gzdoom maps.

my integrity has been annihilated.

1 hour ago, AwesomeO-789 said:

Stream my DICK, BITCH

let's see Paul Allen's dick.

Map Name: Halls of the Unhallowed - Map 01

Filename: HOTU_V2.wad

Estimated time: 10-20 mins maybe less? Its short

Preferred port -- tested in prboom+ , designed for vanilla play

Wait for me -- No, but i will try to watch the stream if i have time

Comments -- Actually released this map 12/18/2008, made a few fixes and a small addition since then. Ammo load relatively tight. Quick saves Recommended

HOTU_V2.zip

Edited by Steve88

It ends. 0.33/2 xyzzy maps, magicana's map, undeadryker's map(s), steve88's map, all complete. unironically pretty productive, feelsgoodman.

i might commit to once-a-week saturday night streams since it seems availability is pretty high and it might attract more map submissions.

stay tuned for updates!!

we decided last stream that i am doomed to stream maps every saturday night at 11pm est for all eternity

so be there or push a boulder up a mountain

as of right now we'll be doing @Xyzzy01's last map (finally), @xdarkmasterx's map, and probably @Finnthemapmaker's maps if we don't get any more submissions

also i'm thinking about doing various short streams in the middle of the week, with such bangers as: more map testing streams (if we have a busy week), mapping streams, coding streams (thinkin about making my own doom launcher), significantly less interesting things, etc. we'll see though

I won't be able to make it to today's stream so save my map for a later one if you want. Apologies!

absolutely PACKED stream tonight. we've got:

@xdarkmasterx's map... and @Finnthemapmaker's maps.

be there or be SQUARE

we'll be playing ALL NIGHT!!!

edit: complete, poggers. likely going to fire up a coding stream (and also kinda exploring linux stream) between monday and wednesday at an arbitrary time. (probably monday because i have no self control)

Edited by me_

Hey! I made a boom compatible map for you. It's called Secret_Research_Lab.

It's 7 minutes long. Medium difficulty map.

I tested it with prboom plus 2.5.1.4., Zandronum 3.0.1, gzdoom 3.7.2.

On all of these source ports should work.

It really restricted me compared to udmf especially gzdoom.

But I learn that if you want to start mapping, you should start with boom, learn the basics and move on to the other ports when you knows what you doing.

So the map is here https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/wads.php?user=3796 .