Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

How To Make Mods Work?

Question

I recently installed Complex Doom, with the LCA addon and the CF expansion. I tried using it in ZDoom and Zandronum, but I keep getting error messages. On Zandronum it just says "Fatal Error" and in ZDoom it says is some kind of script error. How can I fix all of this?

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, DSC said:

My computer can´t handle GZDoom.

Then play the mod with LZDoom.

7 hours ago, DSC said:

I only used the Doom 2 IWAD, with nothing else, and Complex Doom was made to work in specific with Zandronum.

LZDoom can play Complex Doom without problems. However, LCA is another story because of all the problems it throws up. Run the mod with -logfile for a permanent record of what to fix.

Some mods doesn't work outside of GZDoom (for example of they add some special effects/behaviour in new weapons). This problems are often derivates of the scripts used, so this can be the nature of your errors. 

Also be sure to not use any mod with wads that contain new weapons and monsters (and also with mods that adds them).

So the first thing to do here is to try your mods with GZDoom and a simple wad, like doom or Doom2, to see if they, at least, work at all.

On 10/24/2019 at 8:53 PM, Marlamir said:

Did you try gzdoom?

My computer can´t handle GZDoom.

On 10/24/2019 at 10:23 PM, Simomarchi said:

Some mods doesn't work outside of GZDoom (for example of they add some special effects/behaviour in new weapons). This problems are often derivates of the scripts used, so this can be the nature of your errors. 

Also be sure to not use any mod with wads that contain new weapons and monsters (and also with mods that adds them).

So the first thing to do here is to try your mods with GZDoom and a simple wad, like doom or Doom2, to see if they, at least, work at all.

I only used the Doom 2 IWAD, with nothing else, and Complex Doom was made to work in specific with Zandronum.