Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeroa

best gba fps?

I'm partial to Ecks Vs. Sever. It has an interesting mechanic where each level has different objectives depending on which character you're playing as.

Just now, Bucket said:

I'm partial to Ecks Vs. Sever. It has an interesting mechanic where each level has different objectives depending on which character you're playing as.

i'll have to check it out. is the ballistic edition any different?

Never played it. It's the sequel and supposedly reworked to more closely resemble the movie (which, by all accounts, is absolute garbage).

Errrr... Doom? It's 'round 15FPS and simplified, but it's more than anyone else has.

Doom is the best FPS on GBA. It looks decent, plays well, and has just the right amount of content. You can't go wrong with it. Other games on the system are more impressive technical feats, but none are anywhere near as fun as the original Doom port.

On 10/25/2019 at 3:27 AM, jeroa said:

anyone played wolf on gba?

It's trash given that it runs at a low framerate, has no music and consistent, accurate aiming is supremely difficult due to the choppiness.

It's technically playable, but the port is completely inexcusable given DOOM had released on the GBA before it. It should have been a much better conversion.

I didn't played yet, but Dark Arena looks like a legit Doom clone and level design was made by people from the community.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:32 AM, jeroa said:

the wolf situation is dissapinting. is doom 2 also good?

Doom2 on GBA is different from Doom1. The music sounds better, the hud elements look nicer, the maps are much more complete with less editing.. but, movement can be a little inconsistent, and enemy hitboxes are a little too small, meaning your shots can seem to go through them if you’re not aimed at the center.

Its a damn good port, if you were able to enjoy Doom1 on GBA then Doom2 should be fine as well. You can tell they both use different engines when you compare them back to back though.

I'm not sure I've even played a single FPS on my old GBA in my entire life.

I have played Drill Dozer, even though that's not a FPS.

7 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Doom2 on GBA is different from Doom1. The music sounds better, the hud elements look nicer, the maps are much more complete with less editing.. but, movement can be a little inconsistent, and enemy hitboxes are a little too small, meaning your shots can seem to go through them if you’re not aimed at the center.

Its a damn good port, if you were able to enjoy Doom1 on GBA then Doom2 should be fine as well. You can tell they both use different engines when you compare them back to back though.

Yep, that weirdness from it being on a different engine takes a while to get used to. You can tell the shot accuracy is totally different as well. That combined with the different movement feel really screws with my head.

There's one great addition though that no other DOOM II console port had: A teleporter in the exit pit of Tricks and Traps.