Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PeterMoro

GZDoom Builder (bugfix) Fatal non-ui error

So my GZDB suddenly stopped working. No indication why. I would get the popup: "missing devil.dll" so i checked and it wasn't missing...but i downloaded it and included a new one anyway... but still same problem. Then i downloaded and re-installed GZDB (bugfix, of course). That didn't change anything. So I searched the net and it seems like a graphics driver issue so I updated my graphics driver.

Now there's a different error message: "Fatal non-ui error.....blah blah blah". Been searching the net all morning but I've got nothing. Nothing seems to work. 

Anyone got any ideas? I really don't want to go back to Doombuilder...I'm dialled-in to GZDB.

5 hours ago, PeterMoro said:

So my GZDB suddenly stopped working. No indication why. I would get the popup: "missing devil.dll" so i checked and it wasn't missing...but i downloaded it and included a new one anyway... but still same problem. Then i downloaded and re-installed GZDB (bugfix, of course). That didn't change anything. So I searched the net and it seems like a graphics driver issue so I updated my graphics driver.

Now there's a different error message: "Fatal non-ui error.....blah blah blah". Been searching the net all morning but I've got nothing. Nothing seems to work. 

Anyone got any ideas? I really don't want to go back to Doombuilder...I'm dialled-in to GZDB.

"Fatal non-ui error.....blah blah blah"

That tells us just as much as it does you and it certainly is not helpful at all for helping you.

Did you download the binary from DRDteam or did you compile the files from Github?

Which version of the editor did you install?

What graphics adapter do you have?

What does the logfile tell you?

Why not post the crash log?

That's a fair call. Sorry for sounding so general, i thought that the error message was a common one. 

I downloaded a new version from the DRDteam site. I misspoke before, you don't actually install it but run it from the .exe file. 

It's the latest version - 2.3.0.3086. There's no crash log but here's the full error message:

Fatal non-UI error:

unable to load DLL 'devill.dll': the specified module could not be found. 

(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Stack trace:

at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.illnit()

at CodeImp.DoomBuider.General.Main(String[] args)

I didn’t make any changes to my pc before GZDB crashed so i can't figure it out. Maybe i should try an earlier version of GZDB?

Well, then it can either not find devil.dll or one of its dependencies. Are you using 32 or 64 bit Windows and GZDB-BF?

Thanks. I'll try out the 64bit SlimDX. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's something simple like this. In the meantime vanilla GZDB works fine.