Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NicoTheMarine

How do I create Midi Music?

Not listed above is Sekaiju, which is what I use and personally recommend for this purpose. Very good program and not too hard to pick up.

There's no need to be sardonic, Ed!

If you are able to read and write either sheet music or guitar tabs, Tux Guitar makes sequencing a MIDI super easy. You can also use it to donwload Power Tabs/Guitar Pro Tabs from sites like Ultimate-Guitar and convert them to MIDI format.

If you want a more robust (but arguably less user friendly) sequencer, Sekaiju is very powerful and can do whatever MIDI-based stuff your heart desires.

EDIT: Ninja'd

If you know how to read and write partitures, you can write almost anything you want in sibelius or finale, two partiture editors that let you save the writed sheet in midi. As a struggling composer myself, i tried this programs to work a little, but i didn't make anything till now. Too much real life work and studies to worry :(

Also, you can open midi files with sibelius and it will then appeard as a partiture you can edit as you like. This really is a head start if you don't know a lot of music and want to edit a song you like and experiment around.

Area Maestosa is also a friendly editor for people new to MIDI. But as others have said, once you know what you're doing in MIDI, Sekaiju is the powerhouse in terms of MIDI capabilities.