Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, I played it. I mean it's clearly just unfinished and in the early stages of being made.

I'm not here to riff on your wad, but I would encourage you to keep mapping and making an effort to improve. I think making a thread asking people to riff on something that's clearly unfinished is something that will not do you any good. I noticed that this was a TC for Postal. If you're a little more inexperienced (like me), you may want to start smaller, maybe make a couple small maps, try out some stuff and work your way up from there. 

Some things that help me with mapping and modding:

• Playing a bunch of high quality, well-made wads, picking up on details, designs and ideas as you go.
  • Picking apart and investigating wad files with tools like GZDoom Builder and Slade to understand how more experienced mappers/modders accomplish different things
  • Drawing out your maps and ideas for your wads on paper helps alot too!

Hope this helps :)

44 minutes ago, phoo said:

So, I played it. I mean it's clearly just unfinished and in the early stages of being made.

I'm not here to riff on your wad, but I would encourage you to keep mapping and making an effort to improve. I think making a thread asking people to riff on something that's clearly unfinished is something that will not do you any good. I noticed that this was a TC for Postal. If you're a little more inexperienced (like me), you may want to start smaller, maybe make a couple small maps, try out some stuff and work your way up from there. 

Some things that help me with mapping and modding:

• Playing a bunch of high quality, well-made wads, picking up on details, designs and ideas as you go.
  • Picking apart and investigating wad files with tools like GZDoom Builder and Slade to understand how more experienced mappers/modders accomplish different things
  • Drawing out your maps and ideas for your wads on paper helps alot too!

Hope this helps :)

ok! but where can i start in good wads?

1 minute ago, Cut The Chit Chat YT said:

ok! but where can i start in good wads?

Oh, well there's tons of fantastic stuff made by the community. You could begin your search in many places.

For example, here's a listing of Top Wads from each year: https://www.doomworld.com/10years/bestwads/

Can I just ask, was the missing wall textures deliberate or a weird bug? The maps were MAP01/MAP02/etc... yet one or two of the texture names according to the dev console look like ones from DooM I. Did I mess something up?

On the flip side:

The gun sprites are good though a little choppy. My biggest complaint really is the intermission music... boy was that painful to hear. Imagine a midi guitar so over-distorted your ears ring from just the first note...

Either way this mod is good for a quick laugh and thankfully isn't overly long.

6/10 :)

"ok this is the worst wad ever. this was made 2 months ago and i am not proud of it. most of the weopons are unfinshed and some texures are missing. the next wad im working on is gonna be better. please riff on it in the topic forum you downloaded this from. now bye."

Why didn't you just spend the time working out how to import textures into your wad properly before releasing it?

10 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Can I just ask, was the missing wall textures deliberate or a weird bug? 

i was using freedoom and thought the texture were the same for doom 2. i was wrong

You need to spend more time on map editing, and how Doom handles WADs
If it's your first attempt at making one, it's not a bad one, I have seen worse