Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Hellforge Speedmapping Sessions - Halloween Edition

TWENTY-THREE (or five?) MAPS?!? 

Holy shit. That's quite an accomplishment for a first session, hats off to absolutely everyone, that's incredible! I couldn't make it myself but I really look forward to playing this! 

Echoing the lots of fun! I wasn't too sure at first and basically joined in at the last minute, but I'm definitely in for another round.

Map Name : Faucet Trouble

Theme : 1 weapon (Plasma Rifle Only)

Format : Boom

Build Time : Slightly less than two hours

Music : E3M8

Download : Dac Speed 01 - Faucet Trouble.wad

Screenshot_Doom_20191102_205854.png.25c86b635f368564e7e73f65f7fba1ca.png

@Voltcom we will definitely be doing this again next month.

I think we made it to 27 maps in the end with the overall a quality of map very high given the 2 hour limit.

We should have a compiled set out in the next few days for the general public to peruse. 

Hello all!

The compilation is complete, download it from here

HFMS1.zip

Big thanks to everyone who got involved, see you next time. (iDgames upload will be shortly)

This time I'll try to make a make. Gotta use that 24h window, though, since the event is literally in the middle of the night for me. :D

Jesus! I might actually show up for this one! If it's 8:30PM GMT, then that's more than doable. Could you announce the precise date/time, @Bridgeburner56?

Wow, not being in a weird timezone in between what everyone else in the world is doing works wonders.

@Jimmy 8:30pm gmt (so almost exactly 48 hours from now). There's also a countdown timer in the hellforge set up

Theme list will be announced tonight (about 12 hours from now). Same deal as last time, I'll roll dice on stream 15 minute before the start to pick which 2 options mappers will have 

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Wow, not being in a weird timezone in between what everyone else in the world is doing works wonders.

Jimmy (very recently a resident of Australia), says this to Bridge, who lives in New Zealand.

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

@Jimmy 8:30pm gmt (so almost exactly 48 hours from now). There's also a countdown timer in the hellforge set up

Theme list will be announced tonight (about 12 hours from now). Same deal as last time, I'll roll dice on stream 15 minute before the start to pick which 2 options mappers will have 

Count me in. I'll be traveling when the session goes live, so I'll take advantage of the 24 hour window, thank you very much.

We will be adding in a texture pack this time, most likely patch tex as it's not too hard to get your head around and fits in with vanilla textures nicely 

29 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

We will be adding in a texture pack this time, most likely patch tex as it's not too hard to get your head around and fits in with vanilla textures nicely 

1. I am I right to assume this would be texture pack + vanilla, not texture pack only?
  2. Will you confirm the texture pack ahead of time (such as when the themes are announced), so people can take a moment to browse through it and become more familiar with it (always helpful when speedmapping)?

38 minutes ago, Pegleg said:
  1. I am I right to assume this would be texture pack + vanilla, not texture pack only?
  2. Will you confirm the texture pack ahead of time (such as when the themes are announced), so people can take a moment to browse through it and become more familiar with it (always helpful when speedmapping)?

Yes they will both be allowed. 

The pack will be announced when the theme pool is announced (later today). It's highly unlikely to be anything other than patchtex though 

I wont join since I have to finish my map for inception soonish but it seems like good practice

Confirming patchtex and mek's skies as the resource pack

Potential themes that will be randomly chosen from on the day (1 from each list same as last time)

1. Melee weapons only

2. All 6 keys to exit

3. 2 textures / 2 flats - Door track is available as well

4. 10 Sectors

5. Archvile jumps progression or rad suit progression

6. Lighting 255-0

1. Techbase

2. Ruins/medieval

3. City

4. Void

5. Hell

6. Natural

Same as before I'll be streaming my map and shouting profanities in the discord VC. I will then play all submitted maps in the first 2 hours on stream after the session ends.
https://discord.gg/FF2AaDq

Get ready for frantic mapping!