Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moo Moo Armageddon

how do i make more blood appear when hit?

Question

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Cut The Chit Chat YT said:

like when an npc gets hit

For original DOOM you have to apply some sprites artistry and possibly replace the existing sprites.

For GZDoom there is Nashgore, or if you are really desperate pull the DECORATE out of BD.

If you're making a vanilla-esque wad, you'll have to export the blood sprites on their own and manually duplicate them, using a program like paint.net or photoshop or whatever. If you're making a GZDoom compat wad, you need to use DEOCRATE code to make more blood splat objects be spawned. That's why Kappes Buur was instructing you to check out the DECORATE present in either Nashgore or Brutal Doom. Bolognese (basically BD lite) would probably be the best of both worlds, it's basically in between the two.

EDIT: totally forgot about the new Nashgore version. Easily the best one:

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=62641

On 10/30/2019 at 6:37 PM, Kappes Buur said:

For original DOOM you have to apply some sprites artistry and possibly replace the existing sprites.

For GZDoom there is Nashgore, or if you are really desperate pull the DECORATE out of BD.

i tried to pull the decorate out of bd but it needed somthing called "tomato.txt" but when i put tomato.txt it still wont work

2 hours ago, Cut The Chit Chat YT said:

i tried to pull the decorate out of bd but it needed somthing called "tomato.txt" but when i put tomato.txt it still wont work

Brutal Doom is pretty complex and works with alot of lumps. The decorate lump is a just one piece of it. Maybe just use it as a reference rather than pulling out certain lumps for use in your wad. 

3 hours ago, Cut The Chit Chat YT said:

im talkin about bolognese

edit:  i thought bd meant bolognese

Well, I'm sure the same applies for bolognese as well. 

On 11/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, phoo said:

Well, I'm sure the same applies for bolognese as well. 

bolognese, ketchup, whatever it's called now, is directly based off of brutal doom. All the monsters and weapons have been removed, but a bunch of other things are still left over from brutal doom, just not functioning during normal play.