Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whirledtsar

Hexen: Realms of Cronos (UPDATE - v1.0)

I had some fun making a short map for xump (another hexen cp), so I'll join this!

Edited by Walter confetti

This is awesome and deserves a bump back up to the front.

I want to do this but don't know how much time I have this month and I'm not exactly a speedmapper.   Does it have to be a new map from scratch or can it be based on the beginnings of an unreleased map with a cool concept I started to make many years ago?

42 minutes ago, Gokuma said:

This is awesome and deserves a bump back up to the front.

I want to do this but don't know how much time I have this month and I'm not exactly a speedmapper.   Does it have to be a new map from scratch or can it be based on the beginnings of an unreleased map with a cool concept I started to make many years ago?

Sure, that would be fine. 

Looks like I'm getting faster at mapping.   Making this my priority and hopefully will have some trippy epic stuff to show for it though I don't want to spoil with much preview pics.

The project is now in beta testing and could use some people willing to play the hub to check for balance & bugs. Feel free to join the Discord linked in OP.

The way out of the moat is above the surface on the right of the far end.  

Also, you missed all the secret areas.

EDIT: Recopied older realms.pk3 from April and my current updated Ultimate Doom Builder 3.0.0.3580 won't load that either. WTF

EDIT EDIT: Guillotine texturing and missing enemy ambush fixed.

Edited by Gokuma

You got the critical puzzle switch in mine.   I don't like making secrets required for progression.   It's just helpful item loaded secrets you missed.

6 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

Updated to rc1b to fix the progression bug as well as the texture error in Gokuma's map.

Oh super, something new for me to check out in Walpurgis. Must have missed the initial release; this forum is sooo fast sometimes.

Here's a quickie vid of a few mixed minutes from the first two levels:

Edited by eharper256

With the addition of a new ending cutscene and performance improvements to Felstoy Abbey, the project has been updated to version 1.0 (previously rc4).

3 hours ago, UnholyShadows said:

Idk if this sounds silly or not but can I play this with Wrath of Cronos?

Its not impossible, but there's a conflict on one map that makes it impossible to pick up inventory items there. And ive been told that the bosses are much too overpowered with the mod and how theyre used in the maps.

3 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

Its not impossible, but there's a conflict on one map that makes it impossible to pick up inventory items there. And ive been told that the bosses are much too overpowered with the mod and how theyre used in the maps.

Thanks for clarifying, also i'm really digging these maps atm.  Ill let you know my final thoughts once I beat them all.