Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
superboo07

how do i make a mod that makes weapons do more damage

I want to make a mod that makes weapons do more damage. thats all i want to do. how do i make a mod that does this. 

Edited by superboo07

On 11/1/2019 at 7:09 AM, Eurisko said:

I presume you're talking about the upgrades that you can get in single-player?

no, i want to mod the game so the weapons do more damage. like modify it. 

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm not sure I personally would just find stronger equivalents to each weapon on realm667 and make a new player class using those weapons

Edited by Jason

Lmao I just checked and realized this was a doom 2016 comment, lulz. Uhhh yeah I don't think you can modify doom 2016. The closest we have to that is snapmaps. In snapmaps you can change the weapons (I think?) and if you can't, you can atleast make all the enemies weaker, I know that for sure

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Uhhh yeah I don't think you can modify doom 2016.

You can, but from what I understand, it involves hacking into the engine good and proper, with the lack of any modding tools and the engine seemingly not being designed to be modding-friendly in the first place.

4 hours ago, MFG38 said:

You can, but from what I understand, it involves hacking into the engine good and proper, with the lack of any modding tools and the engine seemingly not being designed to be modding-friendly in the first place.

Yeah, that's what I mean. You can't just mod it. You can hack it but I don't recommend that because you might fuck your whole game up and have to reinstall if you really don't know what you're doing. Just don't. All you gotta do is play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

yeah I was trying to figure out the memory address for weapon damage, there's just too many variables in this game man, unless Bethesda accidentally leaks some source code finding specific variables is near impossible :(

Who knows maybe they have kept something from Doom 3's file structure (mostly BFG).

At least I know that the .resources they are using are possibly 64-bit revisions of the .resources from BFG