Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

If you can morph Doom and any other game ever, what would it be?

45 minutes ago, Gez said:

Probably Doom: Fall of Mars. If not it, look at the others.

I dunno.  I may be misremembering, but I think I saw one that was like a conversion - so the player and all the enemies moved and attacked the same, and all the Episode 1 levels were structured the same, only it was in third-person isometric view.  

Or maybe it was the crack.

Edited by Maximum Matt : Goddamn, that edit was fucking hard for some reason

Doompayne - Turn hitscans into projectiles and let players dodge them in slowmo.

Doomfall - Add Wallrunning and sliding parkour mechanics similar to those of Titanfall 2.

3 hours ago, seed said:

Blood

Check out Bloom

Edited by tempdecal.wad

DoomVer.watch (overwatch)

UAC-Demon Breach (SCP-containment breach)

DOOM-LIFE (half-life)

DoomTale (undertale)

..Doomtarune?

what about quake 3/quake champions? I would like to see a competitive fast paced FPS in which it is not about heroes, but about monsters. it seems the new doom wants to go into this direction, but for sure it will not be as fast paced as quake and not as skill dependent.

of course diablo 2 - doom crossover ;)

On 11/1/2019 at 11:50 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

• Metal Gear. It would be cool to see an actual, living world in Doom where stealth is rewarded.

lol I can imagine sneaking around while hiding in Cardboard boxes. would be cool and funny to see.

Doom with the eight boss mechanic from Megaman, each stage with an specific theme and a weapon you can get from each boss

Probably fallout, just because I love the artstyle of 2.5D shooters and it would be awesome to see an entire open world the size of new vegas done in the doom or build engine, with VATS and all.

Definitely Diablo Doom, that's the dream crossover for me. Except it would probably be a sci-fi horror ARPG than a medieval fantasy theme. Combine that with Starcraft Broodwar and C&C Tiberium Sun's atmosphere, and I'll play that in a heartbeat. 

59 minutes ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

Last Marine 3 (Last Ninja 3)

Quick screenshot edit-

Hide contents

3MN6FJS.png

sexy

Blood. xD

've seen trailer, looks very cool.

And now serious answer (though previous option is rad): Portal. 1st of all, it's right in the theme, 2nd – I love puzzle segments, 3rd – Glados reaction to demon invasion would be interesting to watch.

Amnesia Doom.

Be a vulnerable scientist trying to sneak around the facility unable to fight back against lethal Doom demons. Avoiding them is somewhat of a puzzle but it's possible to try run away and use the environment to slow them down.

At moments it will feel like Half Life and others Doom 3.

I've made attempts at melding Doom and Star Wing, and also put ideas from Mario 64 and Metroid Prime in maps, although the latter never actually got released.

If I were to try again with a new idea? Probably more Duke 3D style interactivity, attitude and Easter Eggs. Or heavy use of GZDoom features to make something a bit more like Quake, although that's been done many times now.

Chess. :-P

Some slaughtermaps already offer somethin' like that, but the required strategies are often a bit simplistic, more like a "checkmate in 2". A complex strategy-doom game with many ways to solve it (but nothing too trivial) would be epic.

3 minutes ago, erzboesewicht said:

Chess. :-P

Something like Harry Potter chess styled game could look pretty damn interesting.