Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katarhyne

Post your FPS here

For some reason I can't seem to properly adjust my resolution...I tried using the 'custom_width/height' commands, but to no avail. =/

If you want to use the r_customwidth/height commands, 1st off r_mode needs to be "-1" (w/out quotes of course). So for 1280x960

r_mode -1
r_customwidth 1280
r_customheight 960
gl_restart (i think thats it :P)

Hope that helps, and ill try to post some 640x480 FPS's, but im @ school right now.

<Edit>
I guess its

vid_restart :)

</Edit>

Well, I just figured out that there's no way in hell that I'm gonna have the money soon to be able to buy all the hardware to get doom III running smoothly. No fucking way. And I hardly have time for a job.. I think I'm gonna shoot myself now.

I have a slower system than you, and I most likely get less money than you. (Blah, except I already have a decent enough GFX card)

Katarhyne said:

YES! On a high-speed Athlon system, merely moving from PC133 SDRAM to the same amount of PC2100 DDR SDRAM can give you as much as 15% improvement in performance across the board, and as much as 50% in some things, including Quake-engined games, which traditionally benefit hugely from increased memory bandwidth. It's not unrealistic nor unreasonable to assume that Doom 3 will have similar affection towards huge main memory bandwidth.

On Pentium 4s it's even more pronounced. Going from SDRAM to DDR SDRAM can double or even triple...performance in some things, and will generally give a greater-than-fifty-percent increase in performance across the board. Going from DDR SDRAM to Rambus DRAM can give a small performance increase in some things, but it really doesn't justify the cost against the three negative factors to RDRAM...

Amazing, someone other than me knows about ram. Yes it's true, anything above a pIII using straight up SDR ram is uselss. You're forcing your fancy pants processor through a peephole. I'm using the lowest speed DDR ram for my board and it's what is slowing my doomIII experience down. Disorder, start mowing lawns! anything! just buy your parts one at a time, and for the sake of god don't be fooled by crappy Dells or Gateways ripoff deals. You'll get a substandared computer for way too much money. Some people i know that don't listen to real computer experts bought a Gateway almost 2 years ago (a PIII 1.2 or something) and they're still paying for it. Don't be one of those poor saps.

I am as of now hoping that Doom3 is delayed so I can get a new motherboard/new RAM by the time it comes out :P

i get in e3/e3_1
with FULL fx

12-22 fps exploring
2-6 in fighting

well i've a p3 1000mhz
and a radeon 8500

i think i got a good result.
other maps are more slow, especially e3/e3_3
i think due to the map's complexity.

Sigh. People are unable to read.

By the way, all of you people who are getting the same framerates in high and medium detail modes - it's likely because your card doesn't support hardware texture compression. As far as I know, that's all 'high-detail' mode does, is disable compression.

Hmm.. i started up the demo and behold... 3 fps. Set the thing to 1, 3 fps. What am i doing wrong here?

P4 2.53 GHZ
Asus-p4t533-r MOBO
512mb RDRAM RIMM4200 1066mhz
ATI Radeon 9700

It cannot be my comp... bad drivers maybe?

You get 3 fps with THAT? WTF? Yea try some new drivers or something... ask Kat what drivers she's using.

Silly me, yah, i updated my video card drivers (i recently formatted my HDD's) so they aren't the ones that come on the disc, and now i get about 40-60 fps, average prolly 60.. kinda scared me for a while :D

As far as I know, that's all 'high-detail' mode does, is disable compression.

Also enables 8X software anisotropic filtering :P.

It also add multiple shadows per object, rather than just one. Check out the Hell Knight at the end of map1 with medium detail, then high.

now i get about 40-60 fps, average prolly 60

You get frame rates in the interval 40-60 frames/second, but they average out at 60? Interestingly, that's mathematically impossible.

amd 2400+ at 2317 mhz
fsb at 167
ram 512 ddr 200
radeon 9700 pro oc
msi kt 400 8x

fps: average of 53. Runs about 60 normaly and 43-56 with action. Durins the sequince with marine dodging bullets had 49 fps.