Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Billy Baron

You Would Bet

We Sold Our Soul  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Did You Lose Your Soul in Hell?

• I did not Sell My Soul at all.
    • I lost my soul in a battle with a Hell Knight.
    • I lost my soul to an Arch-Ville.
    • I lost my soul to some other DOOM series monster.
    • I sold my soul to Hell elsewhere in life
    • I have no soul, man, and my heart is black and still in my chest. As it has always been.

I like playing DOOM. I've been playing for a while, and, like a lot of people here, have been playing for a little long. Every day is a constant reminder of the Hell I face in these haunted, demented hallways. So by now, I am questioning whether or not I actually might have LOST MY SOUL somewhere in Hell. given a moment to ponder this, it seems it might be that some of you may have SOLD YOUR SOUL to Hell. So, let's open up the polls and see what the majority of people think may have happened here; why this trip to Hell is so very long.

Hello, Satan here. The only people who lost their souls to me were the ones who watched the entirety of Imp Encounter. Cheers and have a nice day.

This is the only thread that’s made sense to me in a long time. I have no soul man, my heart is black but it’s still in my chest.

For a more serious response, Doom has always been my biggest go-to in escapism by and large.  I guess you can say my soul really does lay in the pits of 256 color hell, as it always did.

I totally lost my soul in one of the boring, ugly and worthless Maximum Doom levels, and there ain't no way in hell I'm gonna go back and look for it

Remember that book "The Princess Bride" they made us read in school? Wesley had been on the boat LONGER than any of the original pirates, and knew he was the Captain. Like, a Pinky Demon is the ACTUAL PERSON that is DoomKid's REAL brother DK has been playing so LONG. Like the game is so LONG, your family is actually part of the game DOOM, instead of DOOM is a thing that is in the background of a scene of your family.

I like what Eurisko said about me being INSIDE of The Icon of Sin. You could see it like a scene from that movie "Pink Floyd - The Wall"; Like He has nobody to BLAME but himself by the second mission, and INSIDE all of the demons are people from his life. Who does he BLAME? The SENSELESS KILLING goes on for hours against the religious backdrop of Hell. His eyes darting back and forth - "You did this to me! You did this!". But Satan isn't really there.

I can just hear that TOOL song playing in the background "You Lie, Cheat, and Steal. Lie Cheat and Steal."

What a way to spend an ever living and eternal spirit that is yours.

4 hours ago, Billy Baron said:

Remember that book "The Princess Bride" they made us read in school? Wesley had been on the boat LONGER than any of the original pirates, and knew he was the Captain. Like, a Pinky Demon is the ACTUAL PERSON that is DoomKid's REAL brother DK has been playing so LONG. Like the game is so LONG, your family is actually part of the game DOOM, instead of DOOM is a thing that is in the background of a scene of your family.

I like what Eurisko said about me being INSIDE of The Icon of Sin. You could see it like a scene from that movie "Pink Floyd - The Wall"; Like He has nobody to BLAME but himself by the second mission, and INSIDE all of the demons are people from his life. Who does he BLAME? The SENSELESS KILLING goes on for hours against the religious backdrop of Hell. His eyes darting back and forth - "You did this to me! You did this!". But Satan isn't really there.

I can just hear that TOOL song playing in the background "You Lie, Cheat, and Steal. Lie Cheat and Steal."

i still dont get it

4 hours ago, Billy Baron said:

OpenAI's new text-generating neural network still has some kinks to iron out, it seems

Judgge Dread makes a good point too, not everyone can see this thing as "Deep" or "Philosophically Deep" as I just blurted out; There are quite a few people who wish to take this thing at face value; There is little thought behind the inclusion of four or five hours of a game called DOOM. Or even only one or two. This is just something you do to your life without even thinking about it first, everybody. Not to mention constant daily reminders over the decades or your life to specific references from the game.

So, it merits some actual thought. If only to draw some psychological boundaries. The Soul, etc. And because we're on a "Deep" subject, let's not mention what these values DO NOT mean to others, people who do not wish to play our little game; If their experience differed, or "What is in a 'DOOM'" that makes it different from, say, a "Halo" or a "Call of Duty" (If there is such a thing).

If you look at threads like "The Movie You Watched", you can see a common theme like in "Event Horizon", where several DOOMers all had a similar feeling about the movie (I also saw Event Horizon three times),  which RAMBO does a DOOM think was the best RAMBO, etc. This shared experience should be praised, not ignored.

It's like when a Pinky wants some more =)

6 hours ago, Billy Baron said:

Judgge Dread makes a good point too, not everyone can see this thing as "Deep" or "Philosophically Deep" as I just blurted out; There are quite a few people who wish to take this thing at face value; There is little thought behind the inclusion of four or five hours of a game called DOOM. Or even only one or two. This is just something you do to your life without even thinking about it first, everybody. Not to mention constant daily reminders over the decades or your life to specific references from the game.

So, it merits some actual thought. If only to draw some psychological boundaries. The Soul, etc. And because we're on a "Deep" subject, let's not mention what these values DO NOT mean to others, people who do not wish to play our little game; If their experience differed, or "What is in a 'DOOM'" that makes it different from, say, a "Halo" or a "Call of Duty" (If there is such a thing).

If you look at threads like "The Movie You Watched", you can see a common theme like in "Event Horizon", where several DOOMers all had a similar feeling about the movie (I also saw Event Horizon three times),  which RAMBO does a DOOM think was the best RAMBO, etc. This shared experience should be praised, not ignored.

It's like when a Pinky wants some more =)

Please seek medical help

14 hours ago, JudgeDeadd said:

Please seek medical help

OpenAI sounds important. Like an important line from Hollywood being shoved down my throat. I don't buy it, and I suggest you 'broaden your horizons' before it does you in like some kind of Robot Warrior your System invents to take the world hostage, and destroy us all.

I apologize if that sounds rude, and admit I am to some degree a weird hippie.

Edited by Billy Baron

On 11/3/2019 at 6:47 AM, Billy Baron said:

Goodness me. I am slightly concerned for you, my friend...

5 hours ago, Arrowhead12 said:

Goodness me. I am slightly concerned for you, my friend...

Don't lie, you know you're crazy too, you mad KILLER ;-)