Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorogrimm

Janitor Doom (A mod idea)

I've had thoughts about this for some time, and entertaining the idea further, I decided to flesh it out even more as I may decide to begin development in future (even though I'm not an experienced mod curator). I would like to hear some feedback about what everybody thinks of this idea, and maybe offer some support for the development. :)

[MOD IDEA]

Hellsweeper: A janitorial Doom mod

You’re a janitor, caught in the aftermath of the invasion from hell who somehow survived the scourge. Locked away in a closed-off storage cupboard this entire time, you were oblivious to the carnage and the mess that ensued as you were blissfully listening to music and reading your magazines. As you emerge from your respite, you observe in horror at the butchery caused by the demonic forces. In a fit of morality-induced rage, you grab every piece of equipment you have that may be improvised as a viable weapon in future conflicts and set out to scrub those demons clean off this rock.

With a mop in hand and a full can of spray, it’s time to expunge that hellish filth!

Weapons arsenal:

• Floor polisher: Used to damage enemies through the abrasive polishing force. 
  • Mop and bucket: Clobber enemies, alt-fire creates a wet puddle and sign that causes them to slip and fall over (with a small chance of them gibbing).
  • Spray can and lighter: Ignites enemies causing damage over time.
  • UAC military-grade vacuum cleaner: Sucks in fire projectiles, ejects them back at the enemies (can only be used with Imp, Bruiser and Cacodemon projectiles).
  • Jet washer: Squirts water at deadly velocities to blast those enemies away. (Can also wash away blood splats).
  • Cleaning chemicals: A tossable jug of cleaning chemicals that can be thrown at enemies to splash them at a large radius, then throws a match to light them on fire.
  • BFG 9000: Found lying around. The ultimate cleaner; don’t change what’s not broken.
Edited by Thorogrimm

I had a similar idea I was throwing around a few months ago revolving around "Maintenance Guy". It could be neat. 

This sounds hilarious and creative. In like 2012 there was this janitor wad that allowed you to go around “cleaning up” blood and bodies that had been left just lying around. (Those corpses pile up fast) I think this sounds fun and funny though.

On 11/3/2019 at 11:08 PM, TravyB said:

I had a similar idea I was throwing around a few months ago revolving around "Maintenance Guy". It could be neat. 

5 hours ago, Doomkid said:

This sounds hilarious and creative. In like 2012 there was this janitor wad that allowed you to go around “cleaning up” blood and bodies that had been left just lying around. (Those corpses pile up fast) I think this sounds fun and funny though.

Yeah, I've been making a cover art for it which is nearing it's completion. So hopefully you guys and anyone interested will get a look at the protagonist.