Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drugod

Bloom - Doom/Blood crossover

Recommended Posts

The imp cultist's ghost-head projectile passes through walls, intended or bug?

 

In the first map, I'm getting the message "it's lock" on that path with the armor bonuses. Should be "it's locked".

 

The secret tombstone in the mausoleum can be activated from three sides. If you activate the other two sides after it was lowered, it will keep lowering into an inescapable pit and expose an untextured wall. (Personally, in this kind of situation, I use a script to both lower the platform and clear the specials from the other lines.)

 

When getting out of the water near the bridge, and bumping into the iron bars, I got spammed with messages saying "P_StartScript: Unknown script 20"

 

The rats that appear in the piano building can be lured to fall in the void. They don't die if they fall. They just scurry on the sky below, chittering constantly. I'd advise enabling falling damage for monsters and making sure the fall if lethal to monsters so this kind of silliness doesn't happen.

 

I'm not sure why said piano building appears as a secret in the automap, BTW.

 

Speaking of automap, one bit of polish you could add is hiding the terrain slope lines, since they're mostly doing visual clutter.

vFOWy3Z.png

 

Finally, the mugshot takes up too much space. I'd suggest getting rid of the horned skull decoration above it to allow to lower it by as many pixels.

Share this post


Link to post

Man this is awesome. I remember as a kid i was thinking while playing blood how doom would look in blood. Didn't thought my little childhood..eh..wish would actually happen. Looking forward to play this.

Share this post


Link to post

I think I finished the first level. I can exit it, but I only found 5/8 secrets and only killed 61/86 monsters. After using iddt and console cheat, I only have one secret, with two monsters and a stimpack in it.

 

That means that if I use "kill monsters" I get 63/86 monsters. There are 23 "monsters" that must have disappeared somehow without being counted as killed, a sign of buggy actor code.

 

 

Line #5920 has "line_horizon" effect but for some reason it's given the "player cross" trigger. This makes it appear on the automap as an interactable line.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gez said:

I think I finished the first level. I can exit it, but I only found 5/8 secrets and only killed 61/86 monsters. After using iddt and console cheat, I only have one secret, with two monsters and a stimpack in it.

 

That means that if I use "kill monsters" I get 63/86 monsters. There are 23 "monsters" that must have disappeared somehow without being counted as killed, a sign of buggy actor code.

 

 

Line #5920 has "line_horizon" effect but for some reason it's given the "player cross" trigger. This makes it appear on the automap as an interactable line.

Yeah, third level, with the train, I finished with something like 150 enemies out of 260 or 280 killed. So there probably is something going on there, since the level starts out at 115 enemies. I assumed it was due to lost souls getting, well, lost, but if you tried the kill monsters command and it still didn't work, that's interesting. I just did a quick test by making a pain elemental spawn a bunch of them, and kill monsters did in fact kill the lost souls, and the kill count was adjusted.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just some updated thoughts; this thing is amazing. It's combining my two of my three favorite FPS games of all time (you can't really include Quake in this), into one game. I can't remember the last Doom mod that I've stopped playing to go do something else, and started getting antsy about going back to it. Over and over. It's really fun. 

 

It has some problems, it may just be over-decorated. Having vines hanging in front of doors with enemies that you can't see behind them, that's not good. I love the decorations, the vines over the consoles, but being unable to see enemies when you open a door isn't good design. As long as decorations don't impede in gameplay, they're good. 

 

And I think you may have to add something to the Doomguy's weapons to make it more interesting. Or not, that does go against the design, but this feels like a Blood game first and foremost. It's not like Blood and Doom met, it's like Blood took over Doom. Which I'm fine with, I absolutely love it; but I can't see myself playing as Doomguy instead of Caleb.

 

And for the record, BLM04 is some of the most impressive mapping I've ever seen in Doom. The section with the floating city is just amazing. I really didn't think you could do anything close to that with the Doom engine, even with modern source ports.

 

So yeah, keep it up. I'm looking forward to this thing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't had much time for gaming yet but I extracted the Bloom soundtrack and have been listening to it all day, it's really bloody good, kudos to the composer. I will certainly buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Slipgate Tourist said:

Haven't had much time for gaming yet but I extracted the Bloom soundtrack and have been listening to it all day, it's really bloody good, kudos to the composer. I will certainly buy it.

Hi the composers were me and the band  buio mondo, well i was on the band but i quit, anyway if you wanna support...it was released on cassette but actually its sold out, thanks for you kind words!

https://buiomondo.bandcamp.com/album/bloom

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Now do a Doom-Heretic-Hexen-Blood crossover)

 ;)

 

12 hours ago, Jello said:

Just some updated thoughts; this thing is amazing. It's combining my two of my three favorite FPS games of all time (you can't really include Quake in this), into one game. I can't remember the last Doom mod that I've stopped playing to go do something else, and started getting antsy about going back to it. Over and over. It's really fun. 

 

It has some problems, it may just be over-decorated. Having vines hanging in front of doors with enemies that you can't see behind them, that's not good. I love the decorations, the vines over the consoles, but being unable to see enemies when you open a door isn't good design. As long as decorations don't impede in gameplay, they're good. 

 

And I think you may have to add something to the Doomguy's weapons to make it more interesting. Or not, that does go against the design, but this feels like a Blood game first and foremost. It's not like Blood and Doom met, it's like Blood took over Doom. Which I'm fine with, I absolutely love it; but I can't see myself playing as Doomguy instead of Caleb.

 

And for the record, BLM04 is some of the most impressive mapping I've ever seen in Doom. The section with the floating city is just amazing. I really didn't think you could do anything close to that with the Doom engine, even with modern source ports.

 

So yeah, keep it up. I'm looking forward to this thing.

 

 

we're working on this

 

21 hours ago, Gez said:

I think I finished the first level. I can exit it, but I only found 5/8 secrets and only killed 61/86 monsters. After using iddt and console cheat, I only have one secret, with two monsters and a stimpack in it.

 

That means that if I use "kill monsters" I get 63/86 monsters. There are 23 "monsters" that must have disappeared somehow without being counted as killed, a sign of buggy actor code.

 

 

Line #5920 has "line_horizon" effect but for some reason it's given the "player cross" trigger. This makes it appear on the automap as an interactable line.

Thanks for the feedback im gonna take a look

 

On 11/5/2019 at 10:26 PM, Marlamir said:

Man this is awesome. I remember as a kid i was thinking while playing blood how doom would look in blood. Didn't thought my little childhood..eh..wish would actually happen. Looking forward to play this.

Thanks for play it

 

On 11/5/2019 at 8:41 PM, Gez said:

The imp cultist's ghost-head projectile passes through walls, intended or bug?

 

In the first map, I'm getting the message "it's lock" on that path with the armor bonuses. Should be "it's locked".

 

The secret tombstone in the mausoleum can be activated from three sides. If you activate the other two sides after it was lowered, it will keep lowering into an inescapable pit and expose an untextured wall. (Personally, in this kind of situation, I use a script to both lower the platform and clear the specials from the other lines.)

 

When getting out of the water near the bridge, and bumping into the iron bars, I got spammed with messages saying "P_StartScript: Unknown script 20"

 

The rats that appear in the piano building can be lured to fall in the void. They don't die if they fall. They just scurry on the sky below, chittering constantly. I'd advise enabling falling damage for monsters and making sure the fall if lethal to monsters so this kind of silliness doesn't happen.

 

I'm not sure why said piano building appears as a secret in the automap, BTW.

 

Speaking of automap, one bit of polish you could add is hiding the terrain slope lines, since they're mostly doing visual clutter.

vFOWy3Z.png

 

Finally, the mugshot takes up too much space. I'd suggest getting rid of the horned skull decoration above it to allow to lower it by as many pixels.

we'll fix it thanks!, very grateful of you feedback!

 

On 11/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, Slipgate Tourist said:

 

 

 

For some reason there is an "]" for me. I'm using Firefox. When I remove that character it works fine indeed.

  Hide contents

LXXvAaM.jpg

 

really strange

Share this post


Link to post

Guys, THANK YOU, this what our project needs, test test test and test, very useful, we are gonna improve it for sure, very grateful of your suggestions and advices!!

ps: Sorry the late answer!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Drugod said:

Hi the composers were me and the band  buio mondo, well i was on the band but i quit, anyway if you wanna support...it was released on cassette but actually its sold out, thanks for you kind words!

https://buiomondo.bandcamp.com/album/bloom

 

Any chance you'll be doing another round of printings of that cassette? I would love to add it to my collection. This soundtrack is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post

im trying to find some good maps to play this with. Arcadia is one, but i need more! any one got any ideas? also, is there a wad thats just the blood levels? i tried using zblood but that didnt work 

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, DderNabroc said:

im trying to find some good maps to play this with. Arcadia is one, but i need more! any one got any ideas? also, is there a wad thats just the blood levels? i tried using zblood but that didnt wor

 

Sunlust, memento mori, going down....sigil 

20 hours ago, kknot5889 said:

 

Any chance you'll be doing another round of printings of that cassette? I would love to add it to my collection. This soundtrack is fantastic.


We are thinking to make a pc box like, selling the ost in cd format with some gift like a usb floppy disk like Sigil, we have make several concepts... if we can do it maybe we'll make a kickstarter to start the pc box project. 

av.jpg.d30fd09e3918fb8680d3b56666947846.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I've been enjoying the mod big time! Played through sigil and that was a blast! Here's a vid of me playing through Arcadia!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Fixed all the things noticed by Gez and UndeadRyker, also some more that no one noticed too eheh
You may check these fixes on our github repository in case, thanks a lot for you awesome feedbacks and criticisms, let them come!
As a side note: the problem with countkills was cause by a couple of monsters selector which inherits some creatures, said with Monster combo they were messing stuff. Also no one noticed that some (fortunately not fundamental) 3d floors doesn't appear on Zandronum 2.8+ and that Gargovile was also cause of the COUNTKILL mess, where it had its health reset for each flying/ground behavior change.
Reduced drastically damage done by Phantasms and relative projectiles (so even CvltImps), which now are SEEKERMISSILES with nerfed speed, but with very less chance of going wide range (12-18 damage versus 12-48 of demo), and also doesn't clip walls. There is a huge I list I should write down here, but well you'll notice it on next release or simply checking our repository.

Share this post


Link to post

I liked it well enough, though all the slopes & bumps on the "dirt" patches feel unnecessary. They may add some minor visual details but walking on them feels janky & horribly uneven, like walking in an ice level at times.

 

I caught some oddities in level 2- there's a trigger line on the alcove in the second E1M1 room with no corresponding switch on the wall, it does seem to trigger when activated with no idea what it does, if anything. The switch in the first room can also be activated before going through the outdoor area to lower the wall in front of it. Either one or both of these broke the level and I could not get a door to open, forcing a restart.

 

I also got random messages in LZDoom during play about corrupt JPG images, but I'm not sure it affected anything, the game didn't crash and I didn't notice any apparent visual bugs.

 

The wobbly dimensional sky texture also looks horrible without a visual filter turned on.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×