Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stoohp

Change the player death sound please

I really wish it would be changed as it doesn't really fit in my opinion. I think it should be more screamy and less grunting. I do have to sound files but give me a second to put it in like another post because I just realized I have to put them in at least a zip file, please edit them to make them sound less like a kid.

I understand but freedoom is supposed to provide the same experience as doom, but it really sounds more like quake

the actuall extreme death sounds is good (like when you kill someone with a rocket) but i agree that the normal death need a diferent sound.

I haven't touched FD in a while, but assuming the death/grunts in the game are still the ones I recorded, maybe I could record a new death sound. Are there any other player voices we're missing?

It's been fairly well established for a while now that Freedoom should be a distinct project on its own, and if anything it should set out to be *less* similar to Doom where feasible.

If anything needs to be changed I think the dspldiehi seems a bit strained and quiet, though.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:04 AM, Hideous Destructor Guy said:

If anything needs to be changed I think the dspldiehi seems a bit strained and quiet, though.

DSPDIEHI. There is no L in it, dammit. :P

On 11/7/2019 at 5:11 AM, Youngspacemarine said:

but it really sounds more like quake

You could probably just look for a sound mod or something you know