Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeroa

wolfentein mods?

how does wolfenteins modding scene compare with doom's? What are some of the best map sets? Do Wolf mappers have engine tricks to spice up their levels like doomers do?

Wolf3d has tons of different mods for it, but as you might imagine, the engine is a bit more limited so there's not as much variety as effects in Doom maps, for example. Still, there are modern ports for Wolf and the community has come up with some cool things and customizations to the engine, like sky/ceiling/floor textures/reloading weapons, stuff like that. 

It's been a number of years since I played any of them, so I don't remember the names of any mods for Wolf3d/Spear of Destiny, but if you're interested there's "Diehard Wolfenstein Bunker" and "Wolf3d Haven Forum" which are two good sites I know that might point you in the right direction. 

thanks, i visited the bunker before joining DW but there was very little activity. Maybe it was a slow day.

22 minutes ago, jeroa said:

thanks, i visited the bunker before joining DW but there was very little activity. Maybe it was a slow day.

Yeah mods don't come out very often anymore, ModDB is another site that has wolf mods though, or you can try here http://www.wolfenvault.com/mods.html