Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Master O

Best Fighting Game (Aside from Street Fighter 2)

My personal favorites are the Darkstalkers / Vampire Hunter games (and no, not because of its most well known character Morrigan).

SNK's "Fatal Fury Special" is great too.  Of course, Capcom and SNK both have many, many other fighting game franchises....

Probably Samurai Shodown V Special, which I play quite a bit online. Lately, I've also been playing a bit of Waku Waku 7 and Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer. I wish WW7 and VFG had bigger online communities than they do. Both games are extremely underrated. 

Edited by Ajora

The only ones I've ever played are One Must Fall 2097, Sango Fighters, and a crashy demo of something that was called Rise of the Robots.

I'll give the win to OMF.

My go-to fighting game has always been Tekken. The gameplay in that series has managed to stay satisfying despite not changing much between entries, and even the original games on the PS1 are still fun to play almost 25 years later.

Skullgirls is also pretty damn good.

13 minutes ago, ReeseJamPiece said:

This seems oddly familiar to the thread I made...

The thread title wasn't a dead giveaway? /sarcasm

20 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

I love this game so much. I never understood all the hate it got/gets for whatever reason. I also wish it came to the arcade. Only complaint I ever had about MK Trilogy was the loading times but that's just a feature the psx had in most of it's games. Never played the N64 version and heard it's a bit watered down due to console limitations but I still would give it a shot.

Anyway, my favorite fighting game has to be Mortal Kombat II. So gooood

I guessed y'all gonna say MK because most of you grew up in the 90s and come from a background where Mk is cool for the gore and "westernized orient aeshetic" instead of a background that knows for what Mk truly is, a shit game series for shit people :V (jk ;) )
I don't really have a favorite so i'll just give all my favorites fightcade ones :)
KoF 2K2/98
Breakers revenge
Garou
SF Alpha 2/3
Vampire Savior
SF 3rd
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel vs Capcom 
JoJo 
In no particular order :O

Ultra Hyper Super Turbo Street Fighter II Alpha 3 4th Strike Impact Digital HD Remix Champion 3D Arcade 30th Anthology Anniversary Collection Edition.

1 hour ago, boris said:

Ultra Hyper Super Turbo Street Fighter II Alpha 3 4th Strike Impact Digital HD Remix Champion 3D Arcade 30th Anthology Anniversary Collection Edition.

That version is for scrubs, Street Fighter 2010 is a much better 1 on 1 fighting experience, closely followed by Master Fighter 6. No one is ever willing to admit the NES had the best fighting games. It’s all gone to shit since imo

tbh nothing beats tekken 3 in my mind

darkstalkers is my fave series for music and sprite work though

6 hours ago, SOSU said:

I guessed y'all gonna say MK because most of you grew up in the 90s and come from a background where Mk is cool for the gore and "westernized orient aeshetic" instead of a background that knows for what Mk truly is, a shit game series for shit people :V (jk ;) )
I don't really have a favorite so i'll just give all my favorites fightcade ones :)
KoF 2K2/98
Breakers revenge
Garou
SF Alpha 2/3
Vampire Savior
SF 3rd
Marvel Super Heroes
Marvel vs Capcom 
JoJo 
In no particular order :O

I love the Mortal Kombat franchise dearly for its characters, lore, and aesthetics, but everything you've listed is better as far as gameplay is concerned. I haven't played Breakers Revenge though. I'd love to see another SNK vs Capcom game, but I digress. 

4 hours ago, boris said:

& Knuckles featuring Dante from the Devilmay cry series 2020 :)

@Doomkid TMNT Tournament fighters on nes is pretty well made!

@Ajora Who doesn't love MKs characters! they come in every color there's got to be one ninja/cyborg/lady with your favorit color ;P
And you should play Breakers it's great :D

@SOSU Breakers and Breakers Revenge are getting a Steam release early next year so I might check that out. I've been dipping my toes in a whole bunch of fighting games as of late.

I played through Cyberbots just now, and while I absolutely loved the mech designs and stages, the gameplay didn't feel right to me. The mechs handled a lot lighter than they should, and the fast gameplay felt out of place for a game about giant robots. 

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

@SOSU Breakers and Breakers Revenge are getting a Steam release early next year so I might check that out. I've been dipping my toes in a whole bunch of fighting games as of late.

I played through Cyberbots just now, and while I absolutely loved the mech designs and stages, the gameplay didn't feel right to me. The mechs handled a lot lighter than they should, and the fast gameplay felt out of place for a game about giant robots. 

You can also play Breakers and Breakers Revenge in MAME.  MAME emulated those games over 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, Master O said:

You can also play Breakers and Breakers Revenge in MAME.  MAME emulated those games over 20 years ago.

They're both on Fightcade as well, which allows for high-quality netplay. I've never once seen anyone in the lobbies for them though.