Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrocketRocket

Radiated Chambers (Old map I found)

Did I ever tell you the time my younger brother had deleted all my doom wads before I could save just cause his roblox game was lagging. Well I manged to find one of them and already I can tell you its some what better than Labo in term of texture usage. In here I did try to add a couple of new things here. Changing some stuff 

Anyways here's the same disclaimer of the wad might be little unbalanced for some people so I hope you enjoy it.

It's only 1 map for doom 2 and was tested it on Gzdoom builder and zdoom. 

Only doom 1 and doom 2 textures were used

Screenshot_Doom_20191110_021440.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191110_021456.png

radiated zip.zip

Insanely dark, which made it frustrating. Most things attacked me before I could see them. Couldn't see the Blue Key door until I ran into it.

That said, once I cheated and turned the lights on, a fun way to spend a few minutes.

Things I found:

Spoiler

Not sure how long ago you tested this, but some of the missing textures were too obvious not to have seen.

GZDoom warnings:
Missing textures NFBRKA03, N5META50. Not sure these were visible.

Missing flats NFSTEP03 on sector tag 1 and 2 lifts.
Missing flat NFBRKA02 on window sills of nukage pool and by the Blue Key.
Missing texture NFMTTK13 in the entire tunnel to the hidden Blue Armor.

Softlock - You can step off the platform and go out the window or run to the tech column and step out the other window to find the the hidden Chaingun and Ammo without finding the linedef tag 3 switch. And a missing second side lower texture when the sector tag 3 wall drops.

Softlock - The teleport into the Red Key room is WR; the teleport out is W1. And if you run into and out of that room quickly enough, up to six of the Imps will activate, then stop when you're out of sight (and one always dies in the closet when they stop (?!?)). They won't stay activated and teleport because there's no reason to make noise in that room. If you can get back outside the building without making noise (and close the outer door), they'll never teleport.

The door to the secret SSG is D1 on both sides; not tagged repeat.

Linedef tag 21 lift switch is S1; not tagged repeat.

The Backpack area is tagged as two secrets.

23 minutes ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Insanely dark, which made it frustrating. Most things attacked me before I could see them. Couldn't see the Blue Key door until I ran into it.

That said, once I cheated and turned the lights on, a fun way to spend a few minutes.

Things I found:

Hide contents

Not sure how long ago you tested this, but some of the missing textures were too obvious not to have seen.

GZDoom warnings:
Missing textures NFBRKA03, N5META50. Not sure these were visible.

Missing flats NFSTEP03 on sector tag 1 and 2 lifts.
Missing flat NFBRKA02 on window sills of nukage pool and by the Blue Key.
Missing texture NFMTTK13 in the entire tunnel to the hidden Blue Armor.

Softlock - You can step off the platform and go out the window or run to the tech column and step out the other window to find the the hidden Chaingun and Ammo without finding the linedef tag 3 switch. And a missing second side lower texture when the sector tag 3 wall drops.

Softlock - The teleport into the Red Key room is WR; the teleport out is W1. And if you run into and out of that room quickly enough, up to six of the Imps will activate, then stop when you're out of sight (and one always dies in the closet when they stop (?!?)). They won't stay activated and teleport because there's no reason to make noise in that room. If you can get back outside the building without making noise (and close the outer door), they'll never teleport.

The door to the secret SSG is D1 on both sides; not tagged repeat.

Linedef tag 21 lift switch is S1; not tagged repeat.

The Backpack area is tagged as two secrets.

Well shit. Did'nt even know it was that fucked up.  It was like about 2 years since I even gotten to it the texutres issues I have no clue what happened to them since they were also deleted. But thanks for playing through this and letting me know about all the trash parts. Might be a good time to probably fix it up.