Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spineapple tea

Any paranormal experiences?

Once I was home alone and suddenly, my plasma ball lamp thingy falls on the floor making a bubbling noise. Already spooked, I stood up in my chair.  I heard random footsteps that were to infrequent to be my cat or dog's. I was frighten to touch the lamp so I just sat in my chair. The footsteps stopped and I left my room. I made sure doors were locked and made sure the pets were alright. Thats the end of that really. I think I may have a ghost. I've seen this thing since I was a young kid. I think a few times it was in an apron. It would just kinda move around and leave. Either way, I still get startled by these things. 

When I was a little boy I lived directly next to a cemetery. At night I swear I saw the spirits crossing over from their graves congregating on the front lawn from my bedroom window every night. It got so bad that I eventually made my dad put a curtain up at night so I couldn't see it.

Had a plank of wood thrown across a room of an abandoned insane asylum toward some friends and I.  Looked back, nobody else was there.  The place was rumored to house hundreds of restless spirits.

i have never seen a ghost but if i saw one wouldn't that be a good thing? dying sucks but if you get to have an afterlife suddenly it's not so scary

Not something that happened to me, but - 

I lived with a close friend and his girlfriend for awhile a few years ago. At one point I was gone out of town for about a week, and when I got back they were very quiet like something strange happened. After a few minutes they told me at one point they had gone out to run some errands, and when they returned a bunch of their things were scattered all over. All the drawers were pulled out of the dresser and things were knocked off high shelves. They had a cat but it was a lazy kind of cat, and when I suggested maybe it was their pet, they just said cats don't usually pull every drawer out methodically, and things were knocked down from places where it was impossible for the cat to reach. The drawers were full of clothes and it would be difficult for an average cat to have the attention/strength required, they said, and the cat had also never done anything similar in the past. There was someone home at the time and they didn't report anything strange, there was no evidence of break-in and nothing was stolen. My friend's brother claimed to have seen the vague form of a leg just going around a corner one time, but we passed it off as him telling jokes. I never saw anything but we couldn't think of an explanation, really. My friend also had some strange nightmares as well, but they could be unrelated.

Edited by reflex17

I'm very skeptical with ghosts and encounters as I never experienced them. I wish I did though as it's helps proves an afterlife exists.

I'm a Christian and can question my faith often so a paranormal experience would be welcomed.

Edited by Chezza

No, and considering the lack of credible evidence, I'd assume I'm going crazy or having a medication side-effect if I had one. But I am open to the idea, just like with Aliens:

Spoiler

I_want_to_believe080618PF_43c6c4b9-a20b-

2 hours ago, Chezza said:

I'm very skeptical with ghosts and encounters as I never experienced them. I wish I did though as it's helps proves an afterlife exists.

I'm a Christian and can question my faith often so a paranormal experience would be welcomed.

i'm an atheist but i really hope religious people turn out to be right and there is an afterlife :)

Honestly I believe there is but I don't believe that any religion would be right about how it is. However religion is a personal choice and should not be forced on one another. You don't need to be religious to believe in continuing after body death.

Edited by Avoozl

2 hours ago, Avoozl said:

Honestly I believe there is but I don't believe that any religion would be right about how it is. However religion is a personal choice and should not be forced on one another. You don't need to be religious to believe in continuing after body death.

Also the existence of the paranormal does not automatically validate the existence of an afterlife. If there really is one, it's beyond how most faiths describe it anyway.

Any paranormal shit? 

Yes. When I was a kid, my feet were touched by something at night and there was clearly hands. I'm pretty sure that no one was awake and my suspicion was that a possible ghost grabbed my feet....

When I was younger I used to imagine piles of clothes in my room as monsters walking closer to me when the lights are turned off.

I had a dream when I was a kid in which my brother tried attacking me in my sleep, he turned into this dark sludgy thing (sort of like the moulded from RE7) and began trying to send me get me.

I tried all I could to escape and I ran out the room, I was cornered. But I noticed a strange door was randomly in the middle of the wall that wasn't in the room.

He pushed me against the handle beam things (forgot what they are called), I immediately opened the door and kicked him in.

It was an empty void with nothing in it but darkness.

He started to melt back into a regular human shape and begged me not to do it as if he was trapped by the sludge.

I was panicking and didn't know what to do at all, he let go.

In my head I thought this was all real mind you, so I just about had a heart attack when it happened in the dream.

It honestly felt so real, like I could actually feel everything.

I immediately woke up and began to cry, I went into therapy counselling afterwards.

Still don't feel the same way I was since it happened and I honestly feel as if somebody's always watching me now.

8 hours ago, sluggard said:

When I was younger I used to imagine piles of clothes in my room as monsters walking closer to me when the lights are turned off.

Didn't we all?

23 hours ago, reflex17 said:

Not something that happened to me, but - 

I lived with a close friend and his girlfriend for awhile a few years ago. At one point I was gone out of town for about a week, and when I got back they were very quiet like something strange happened. After a few minutes they told me at one point they had gone out to run some errands, and when they returned a bunch of their things were scattered all over. All the drawers were pulled out of the dresser and things were knocked off high shelves. They had a cat but it was a lazy kind of cat, and when I suggested maybe it was their pet, they just said cats don't usually pull every drawer out methodically, and things were knocked down from places where it was impossible for the cat to reach. The drawers were full of clothes and it would be difficult for an average cat to have the attention/strength required, they said, and the cat had also never done anything similar in the past. There was someone home at the time and they didn't report anything strange, there was no evidence of break-in and nothing was stolen. My friend's brother claimed to have seen the vague form of a leg just going around a corner one time, but we passed it off as him telling jokes. I never saw anything but we couldn't think of an explanation, really. My friend also had some strange nightmares as well, but they could be unrelated.

And one time when I lived with a close friend, he and his girlfriend left for a week. They didn't pay the phone bill before they left, and I couldn't pay it because it was in his name. So I switched a couple dozen of his dvd's around in their cases. I swore up and down that I didn't know what happened. Also tied a very small piece of wire inside his room fan so it rattled around when it was running.

Moral: Friends will fuck with you when you leave for a week.

20 minutes ago, Jello said:

Moral: Friends will fuck with you when you leave for a week.

I can understand that. My friend was a bit of a jokester and all, but he didn't do any pranks. I had known him for almost a decade before and he wasn't the type to be easily scared but he was very different for awhile after I got back. Again this could all be him acting, and there are a few small points I've left out for personal reasons, so at the end of the day I can't explain it given what I know.