Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

The DWIronman League dies to: Abcess

Was indecisive all month about whether I'd bother but decided to see if I could continue my two month streak of not dying (by quitting the demo while still alive, cough).

Death by attrition on map 2.  Even going in at 116/200.  Type 1 blind  Unlikely to push out a prepared attempt in time and I'd probably get whittled down by hitscanners in map 1 anyways.

PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4 -complevel 2

dwiron_abcess_cnr.zip

5 hours ago, Demon of the Well said:

From well's heart I stab at thee, Steven.

And he returns, hopefully, for more than a quick one month visit.

I suppose he just couldn't resist collecting your pelt, @Steve D.

8 hours ago, Demon of the Well said:

From well's heart I stab at thee, Steven.

LOL!!!!

Damn, dude, 55:40 is some kind of awesome. Can't wait to see it. I'm pretty sure it took me longer to beat the first 3 maps. 

I'll echo @Pegleg and say I hope we see a lot more of you around here. :)

BTW, I'm doing my write-up now, but as a preview, I successfully died at the first Big Ambush on Map06.

Can't resist quoting you here,  "I managed a decent clip through the first three levels, but started to get a bit scared in m04 . . ."

Oh, such sweet music to my ears!!!!! :)

Now then, I've done my runs for this and the previous month but don't have access to a pc til tomorrow, will they still be counted?  None of the runs were brilliant, didn't survive either monster hunter , got stuck behind a box in the first one, and shot in the forehead by an arachnotron in the second.  With abcess, I ran out of time roundabout halfway through m4, and tried to speed things up, much to my expense

3 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

I did (:

Oops!!!! I should have said, "Nobody found the secret BFG in Map04, in the playthroughs I've seen so far." Yes, I still have a few to go. Congrats on finding that BFG! :)

9 hours ago, dt_ said:

Now then, I've done my runs for this and the previous month but don't have access to a pc til tomorrow, will they still be counted?  None of the runs were brilliant, didn't survive either monster hunter , got stuck behind a box in the first one, and shot in the forehead by an arachnotron in the second.  With abcess, I ran out of time roundabout halfway through m4, and tried to speed things up, much to my expense

I would personally count them as you did them during the month even if you couldn't have uploaded them. 

11 hours ago, dt_ said:

I've done my runs for this and the previous month but don't have access to a pc til tomorrow, will they still be counted?

Only a monster would deny you this run as we approach Christmas, the season of giving!

You guys are just too cute.  Without further ado here's my run:

Would it be possible in future to save on stream and re load the save later on?  I might be speaking for a few here, but I find that I don't often have time to play a full wad out, maybe only getting a couple of chances a month to play for that long.  With this wad I was expecting it to be a shorter affair on account of it's age, but was mistaken, and ran out of time towards the end of m4, resulting in a really reckless run at what is possibly exactly the wrong time.  Nearly made it though