Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VibrationsOfDoom

Looking to see my band music used in WAD's...

Hey! I'm in a progressive blackened doom metal project known as Broken Trinity... Would love to see someone convert our two track demo over to MIDI files usable in DOOM Wads...

The two songs we have available are 'Culled By Odin's Hand' and 'Robes Of Purple And Gold.' 
http://brokentrinity.bandcamp.com

I'm also in the process of possibly learning to make some doom maps... 

I don't know why more doom metal songs aren't used in DOOM Wads... Bands like Mourning Beloveth, My Dying Bride, Shape Of Despair, Swallow The Sun, Withering, and more would make GREAT music... Especially the slow, haunting tunes...

Minus the opening 50 something seconds of ambient noise, this Amber Tears song would make amazing MIDI doom music...

Amber Tears 'Sing The Wind Sing The Raven'

I could imagine music with some of these riffs going well in Doom :) Does any MIDI data for the songs exist already or is it all recorded guitars/drums?

13 hours ago, VibrationsOfDoom said:

I don't know why more doom metal songs aren't used in DOOM Wads... Bands like Mourning Beloveth, My Dying Bride, Shape Of Despair, Swallow The Sun, Withering, and more would make GREAT music... Especially the slow, haunting tunes...

Absolutely! Bands like the ones you mentioned and others, for example Pentagram, Saint Vitus and Candlemass have some killer tunes that would sound fantastic in Doom levels.

Good demo by the way, I liked both songs.

Thanks man! We've got a ton of live footage too; we recently played up in Cleveland and Chicago, and our very first show we ever played is up on YouTube. Along with some footage from Spartanburg, South Carolina...

Hoping someone sees this and wants to "doom up" our songs...

Either that or I need to learn how to write MIDI songs from audio files...

That sounds very nice. I can imagine using this in one of my WADs one day. Minus the vocals, though, since that might be a bit distracting. But other than that I'm all for extreme metal in WADs. 

Indeed it doesn't need to be midi as modern Doom source ports support waveform audio files. As Elend said if there is a mix without the vocals, it would fit well within a few modern wads! (kind of inspires me to do some mixes of my death metal tracks without vocals).

Would still like to hear those two songs converted to MIDI minus vocals of course...

Have to look around here and see if I have any instrumental versions of those songs... I think we mixed and mastered everything we had... Working on an EP pretty soon; I'll have to make sure we have instrumental tracks available...