Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LSD_Polyphony

Missing Textures in Doom Builder

This is probably a dumb question, But I dont understand why I cant view these textures. Ive already used some from this category in my map and its only the doors section that appears blank. Relaunching the editor, Or even starting a new map from scratch doesnt fix it. Once Ive used a single texture, it always appears blank afterwards. Ive made several test maps prior to this and havent had an issue. I dont have any extra textures added in, Only the vanilla Doom II Assets 

asdfasdf.PNG

In standard Doom format (which it looks like you're using) textures are split into Flats and Textures. Flats are used on floors and ceilings, and Textures are used on walls. You can't mix and match them, they're two unique sets of images. You've selected a floor in the above screenshot, and so you're only being shown Flats. There aren't any Flats in the Door category, hence it's blank.

UDMF, the more advanced map format for advanced souce ports, does away with this limitation.

The Browse Flats window only appears in Sectors Mode, which, judging by your screenshot, you are in. By default you should see all flats,

but if you clicked on Doors, Silver or Switches then you will see none. You would have to create new flat entries in the config file for the

corresponding categories.

Clicking on DOOM2.wad or All should show all flats, if it does not then you have a problem with the editor somewhere.

CjHZ6AT.png