Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scumhead

SHRINE - A Total Conversion Mod for Doom 2

1 minute ago, The Pursuer said:

You had me at Lovecraftian inspired world. I'm really digging the art style. I will be eagerly awaiting the release.

Thanks dude! Look forward to this Saturday! c:

I love the dithering on the sprites, the colour choices are beautiful and it reminds me of a gameboy color game for some reason. The aesthetic is beautiful. I smell a hit!

...I'll be honest, the maps are just a cherry for me, I'd have been happy with the weapons, enemies and pallette to use on my favourite mapsets. :D

I'll download and play once i get off work. Looks awsome! Always love lovecraftian stuff.

Edit: got home just to realize that it doesnt release till saturday.

Edited by DragoKnot4200

Seen some screenshots of this over on Twitter - it's certainly intriguing. Looking forward to the release! c:

5 hours ago, Loud Silence said:

Looks cool and original. Will it work on ZDoom or ZDoom LE? I can't get GZDoom to work properly.

I haven't tested it with zdoom or zdoom le, so you'll have to try it out to see. It uses a lot of dynamic lighting and I don't know how that blows over in non GZdoom source ports

Been following your progress since I discovered your Twitter over a week or two(?) ago so looking forward to playing this :)

1 hour ago, The_SloVinator said:

Make sure to also put link into the original post & update it there if you need to.

I have the brain the size of a walnut, how do I edit posts?

It was quite the experience. Love the visual aesthetics and concepts you've made in the mod. Most of the higher tier monsters were brutal but they do make it more challenging. Had a lot of 'Whoa damn, that's sick" moments with the vistas and scenery. Really like the flow of the map when going through it and it was barely much a chore (backtracking, switch/key hunting and all that).

And the music, owh boy... Map05 was personal favourite. 
Reckon you have uploaded the whole song on a website? I would love to listen to it off game, heck I might as well buy it.

When I attempt to extract the .rar file, it tells me the file format is either unknown or damaged, I will try downloading from Google Drive and see if that fixes the problem.

Spoiler: It didn't, F.

21 minutes ago, Archanhell said:

When I attempt to extract the .rar file, it tells me the file format is either unknown or damaged, I will try downloading from Google Drive and see if that fixes the problem.

Spoiler: It didn't, F.

what're you using to extract it? works fine with 7zip

1 hour ago, kaleb. said:

what're you using to extract it? works fine with 7zip

Yeah had to download 7Zip, WinRAR works fine with all, but not with SHRINE.rar for some reason.

So far this looks divine :D

Having played the first 4 levels, here are my first impressions:

The art style is obviously the highlight - I could tell from every pixel that you put some serious effort into crafting such a unique aesthetic. The combination of a muted color scheme with some vibrant bits here and there lend a sense of grimness to the whole thing, which I found lovely. And the music works very well with that.

The gameplay feels good overall, with a varied beastiary and satisfying weapons, but I feel like the pacing could be slightly better. My biggest gripe so far is that the first level alone seems to introduce about half of the weapon arsenal, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I would've preferred being limited to maybe 3 weapons at a maximum and learning to use those before being given any new guns. On top of that, the laser gun thing seemed like it didn't need to be introduced in the first level, given how powerful it seems to be. Perhaps if I hadn't been given that so early, the beginnings of the second level wouldn't have been so trivial a challenge.

Overall, though, it seems great so far and was definitely worth the wait. c:

4 hours ago, fahmizfx said:

It was quite the experience. Love the visual aesthetics and concepts you've made in the mod. Most of the higher tier monsters were brutal but they do make it more challenging. Had a lot of 'Whoa damn, that's sick" moments with the vistas and scenery. Really like the flow of the map when going through it and it was barely much a chore (backtracking, switch/key hunting and all that).

And the music, owh boy... Map05 was personal favourite. 
Reckon you have uploaded the whole song on a website? I would love to listen to it off game, heck I might as well buy it.

Music is all by Filmmaker! Songs were from each of his albums. Check him out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ZmfGdrVB1FZpBChWx61Hg

2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Having played the first 4 levels, here are my first impressions:

The art style is obviously the highlight - I could tell from every pixel that you put some serious effort into crafting such a unique aesthetic. The combination of a muted color scheme with some vibrant bits here and there lend a sense of grimness to the whole thing, which I found lovely. And the music works very well with that.

The gameplay feels good overall, with a varied beastiary and satisfying weapons, but I feel like the pacing could be slightly better. My biggest gripe so far is that the first level alone seems to introduce about half of the weapon arsenal, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I would've preferred being limited to maybe 3 weapons at a maximum and learning to use those before being given any new guns. On top of that, the laser gun thing seemed like it didn't need to be introduced in the first level, given how powerful it seems to be. Perhaps if I hadn't been given that so early, the beginnings of the second level wouldn't have been so trivial a challenge.

Overall, though, it seems great so far and was definitely worth the wait. c:

Thank you so much for playing man. And yeah, I just didn't want the shotgun to get too boring. Lemme know if you have the same feelings or not if you complete the wad in full. Again, thank you!