Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TravyB

Slade3 shenanigans, need help

For the last 2 hours I've been meticulously ensuring (and hopefully succeeded) that all of the textures that need to be there are there, that Booms Animated and Switch lumps have everything they need, and at this point I just don't know what the issue is here. At first, it was telling me, when I tried to load it into Prboom+ that this or that texture was missing, even though its there. Then, when I fixed that by re-doing the PNAMES and Texture1 lumps, EVERYTHING (or almost everything) was a huge HoM. THEN, for seemingly no reason, it now starts in PRboom+ but once I click new game and choose a difficulty an error pops up and says I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11. Even in GZDoom, which loads it up without issue, the animated textures aren't working?

I can't even. 

Help me, Doomworld community. You're my only hope... to prevent me from ripping off my own head in frustration. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7alikln13xqg821/GETOUT.wad?dl=0

1. I noticed that your TEXTURE1 lump contains plenty of empty otex lumps. Otex uses multipatches so your best bet is go to into PNAMES and export full needed textures as png and redo set your own way or use full pack with all things working as intended.
2. Other thing you could do is export Otex ANIMATED and SWITCHES after you fix your pack and if you won't do any renaming. 

Edited by Misty

12 hours ago, Misty said:

1. I noticed that your TEXTURE1 lump contains plenty of empty otex lumps. Otex uses multipatches so your best bet is go to into PNAMES and export full needed textures as png and redo set your own way or use full pack with all things working as intended.
2. Other thing you could do is export Otex ANIMATED and SWITCHES after you fix your pack and if you won't do any renaming. 

I have no idea how to do that. Going into Pnames doesnt give me an option to export as png. Shouldnt deleting unused patches and textures eliminate that issue?

6 hours ago, TravyB said:

I have no idea how to do that. Going into Pnames doesnt give me an option to export as png. Shouldnt deleting unused patches and textures eliminate that issue?

Well, you can go to TEXTURE2 lump export needed textures from otex and redo set again in your own way. Just don't forget reconvert textures to doom graphics format and reinclude them in texture1 and pnames, grab animated and switches.

Sorry for confusion. 

2 hours ago, Misty said:

Well, you can go to TEXTURE2 lump export needed textures from otex and redo set again in your own way. Just don't forget reconvert textures to doom graphics format and reinclude them in texture1 and pnames, grab animated and switches.

Sorry for confusion. 

No, thats my fault. The whole thing has me flustered lol 

I figured that out, but now when I configure the animated lump ALL of the textures, even non-animated ones, are cycling through textures a mile a minute for some reason. 

No, strictly OTEX. Not even any vanilla textures. I got it working now, at any rate. I don't know if there is a set order in which you should add textures and then the switch and animated lumps but it seems to enjoy flipping out whenever I do it, for no apparent reason. I'm not entirely sure what I did to fix it. Thanks everyone!